FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do you wait?

Author Topic: How do you wait?
Gecko
Member # 8160

- posted      Profile for Gecko           Edit/Delete Post 
I just ordered a car that I spent quite a while working towards. The delivery is due in 4-6 weeks. I know that after waiting years, I should be able to wait a measly month, but each day since the order just seems to DRAAAAAAAAAAAG and the minutes feel like eternity. Do you guys have any tips on getting through long waits? I know that a watched pot never boils, but with finals over and the summer starting, there's not a lot to keep me occupied.
Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Learn to play an instrument?
Twiddle your thumbs?
Learn to speak Swahili?

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
P-p-p-patiently, patient-ell-why!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
*jealous*
I wish I could buy a new car...
What did you get?

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking about buying a car, but there aren't any roads where I'm going.

As for how to pass the time...planarity

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
You can do some of these in the meantime.
Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

quote:
Originally posted by Miro:

Duuuuude. Thanks for helping me waste my prep time!!!!
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do you guys have any tips on getting through long waits?
Don't die.

As long as you can follow that one simple instruction, you'll be able to wait until your car comes. In fact, you won't be able to help waiting.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah? What if I don't want to wait? You can't make me!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Stand rigid, cold faced, arms locked, with Pendulum's "Slam" playing on every speaker in your house at 107 db.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
calaban
Member # 2516

- posted      Profile for calaban   Email calaban         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nick:
*jealous*
I wish I could buy a new car...
What did you get?

I'll second that notion, it's not nice to set up a juicy teaser like that and not deliver.
Posts: 686 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
I recommend learning to play the harmonica. its easy, and wastes your time when studying for AP tests.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gecko
Member # 8160

Bought a Z4, which will be my first roadster.
Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a Cement Truck.

*Insert mandatory Dane Cook punchline here*

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Gecko - that's a very pretty car.
I love my car, but... *envies*

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gecko
Member # 8160

thanks, I really want to get on the road to try out the car before the summer is over
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Follow the proverb:

"Those who live in anxiety always are happy."

When you absorb yourself in your work, a lot of it, hard work, you'll find that time is simply no longer there.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

quote:
Originally posted by Miro:

So yea....I'd just like to point out that I succesfully passed level 11 in 6 minutes, 42 seconds.

Who rocks?!

BandoCommando
Member # 7746

Woohoo! Just beat level 12.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Pffft. That game doesn't even get challenging until level 10 or so.

Although as a mother of a toddler I suppose I may have a slight advantage-- I do a lot of untangling of things...

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gecko
Member # 8160

3-5 weeks to go!!!!!

....almost

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I think you should just accept the fact that waiting is rarely fun and it's okay to feel impatient. That way the anticipation just builds . . . and builds . . . and builds. [Evil]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Gecko- take up knitting. You'll pass the time and get your holiday presents done at the same time.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stihl1
Member # 1562

- posted      Profile for stihl1   Email stihl1         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't wait. I go to the dealership and buy one from the lot and drive it home. No waiting involved.
Posts: 1042 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happysmiley
Member # 9703

- posted      Profile for happysmiley           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Phanto:
Follow the proverb:

"Those who live in anxiety always are happy."

When you absorb yourself in your work, a lot of it, hard work, you'll find that time is simply no longer there.

those of us here with anxiety disorders would like to point out the pain
Posts: 48 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
What pain? Take a lorazepan. No pain.

*grin*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Anxiety is good, good!

*bites nails waiting for responses*

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.