FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Things I want to do but don't because I know they are wrong/irritating:

Author Topic: Things I want to do but don't because I know they are wrong/irritating:
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
1. Sing in my cubicle.

2. Play Footloose every morning as I get ready.

3. Use my friend's name as a laudatory adjective/noun.

Examples:
"You said something both clever and kind. That's very [name] of you."
"You're a very good [name]."
"Good grief, he thinks he's a [name]."

4. Eat the apple from my coworker's lunch when I'm hungry at 10:30 a.m.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Spend too much time on Hatrack instead of working... Oh... wait... I should go.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
Give wet willies to all those students who don't do what they are supposed to do and ask questions over things I just went over.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Call up every client in my company's book of business and convince them that our product really does suck.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Poking my finger into each fancy chocolate in the box to see what the filling is before I bite it.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I must be terribly annoying then...

I do sing in my cubicle... sometimes even to heavy metal.
I always play pick-me-up music as I'm getting ready. Not Footloose, because my daughter is singing that for choir concert tomorrow and she has already banned me until September. (and that would put me way over annoying and into mildly evil)
Totally spend too much time online when I'm at work.
I don't poke into every chocolate, I ignore the darks LOL.

Let's see, what can I add?

Quote Monty Python at every possible chance...

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
You are so cool, Goody =)

Give me the dark chocolates.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take the Good & Plenty and Atomic Fireballs.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dog Walker
Member # 8301

- posted      Profile for Dog Walker           Edit/Delete Post 
Talk in the third person.... I always have wanted to.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
brojack17 says there is nothing wrong with that. [Smile]
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I sing the guitar parts in heavy metal.
And thrash about.
It's embarassing when people walk by.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
RunningBear wants to neuter the lower half of the high school.

RunningBear wants to tackle various persons

RunningBear wants to take over the world. Apparently RunningBear was told he may have been voted most likely to take over the world today.

I want to become super rich by some means, like a bank heist, or inventing a better toaster, and live in the Yukon for the rest of my life.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
I also want to sing jingle bells all day.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to call all my friends and bug them even though I know they have lives. Does that count?

Oh, Katie! One of our sister missionaries knows you family! I told her she reminded me of one of my friends, just the way she talked and held herself, and, well, turns out you grew up in her home town. [Big Grin] (Although she said she was 7 when you moved away; her older sister is closer to your age.)

I guess that's another of my irritating things I do; if someone reminds me of one of my friends I tell them aaaaall about it. [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dog Walker
Member # 8301

Throw tomatoes at a preformer.... Its not that i have anything against actors, I just want to experiance the pure joy of releasing a fruit (its a fruit right???) at a person.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
Practice my flamenco footwork on the wood floors of my second floor apartment.

Spank my friends when they bend over/lay down on their stomachs.

Spank strangers when they bend over/lay down on their stomachs.

Play the castanets. Anywhere. (I need to sew sordas to muffle them.

I also need to explore the center of every chocolate in the box! My brothers hate me when I do that.

Steal the crust off all the remaining pizza slices.

Pee with the door open. One of my former roommates use to do this all the time; neither of us could be bothered to shut the door. When we got a new roommate I had to retrain myself.
I am so supremely lady-like and civilized. Waah.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dog Walker
Member # 8301

Oh just thought of another thing i don't do but wish i could.....

Sing t "I found my Thrill... On Blueberry Hill" over and over again. Got to love happy Days.

One I'm guilty of is singing the lines "Theres always something else to remind me" non stop when I am doing mindless tasks. I'm not sure if thats how it goes but thats how i sing it.

Isn't it annoying to hear someone sing the wrong words!

Qaz
Member # 10298

- posted      Profile for Qaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Repeat stories interesting to me to people that I know have heard them.
Posts: 544 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dog Walker:
Throw tomatoes at a preformer.... Its not that i have anything against actors, I just want to experiance the pure joy of releasing a fruit (its a fruit right???) at a person.

They often have a thing at the Ren Faire here where you can throw tomatoes at a clown that heckles you... I'll never forget throwing my first two and missing wildly as he ducked, then waiting until he was turned away making fun of me and getting him right as he turned back to taunt me again. [Evil]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
And thrash about.

Great minds think alike. [Evil]
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Lay down and take a nap in my office.

Talk like HAL to my boss. "I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave."

Bring my guitar to work and play it when I need to think (that would actually be quite helpful).

Build an entire shelf wall out of Legos and then populate it with He-Man action figures.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
Spend too much time on Hatrack instead of working... Oh... wait... I should go.

You posted for me..... [Wink]
Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Qaz
Member # 10298

- posted      Profile for Qaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Go up to strangers at the restaurant and say, "Are you going to eat that?"
Posts: 544 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dog Walker:
Talk in the third person.... I always have wanted to.

Liz really hates it when people do that. Liz remembers listening to Wade Boggs talk this way. Liz's daughter, who is twelve, knows Liz hates this, and talks this way all the time.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
And thrash about.

Depends on the song, but yep!!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
Oh, Katie! One of our sister missionaries knows you family! I told her she reminded me of one of my friends, just the way she talked and held herself, and, well, turns out you grew up in her home town. (Although she said she was 7 when you moved away; her older sister is closer to your age.)
You're kidding! What's her last name? I can't think of who it might be...

That's amazing about the talk and hold myself thing. I worry sometimes that I'm not a good Texas because I love Washington DC so much. It makes me feel better to know I carry west Texas with me. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Her name is Sister Keller. [Smile] We were talking about it and she asked if you lived in her town growing up or something and I said could be, and she asked your last name and recognized it, and it went from there...
katharina
Member # 827

Whoa! Wow! Hmm..I'm trying to remember which sister that is. I LOVE the Kellers. Sister Keller is the woman who died a couple of years ago in a car accident - do you remember me posting about it? They lived next door to us growing up, and her mother was one my mother's counselors in the ward Relief Society presidency. I think Sister Keller's dad got remarried just a couple of months ago - her family is moving to Utah.

I probably saw her just a few years ago - my dad came down for the funeral, which was held in Lewisville, TX - just north of Grapevine there in the metroplex.

That is pretty cool. If you see her again, tell her I said hi. [Smile]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I will tell her. [Smile] We see them a lot, as they are in love with our kids. [Wink] Also, we went on a visit to an investigator's house with them and may do so again in the next week. [Smile] We like these sisters a lot. I mean, we like most of our missionaries, but we like some more than others, if you know what I mean. [Smile]
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Clink, clink... and the Mormon world gets a little bit smaller.

also,
quote:
is something I am totally going to steal. [ROFL]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by advice for robots:

Back in my grad school days (mid 80's), one of the profs I worked with was named Dave. One of the students added a program to his computer that replaced the error beep with Hal saying "I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that".

I want to run my keys along the paint on the side of a particular Lexus whenever I walk through the parking lot (long story).

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.