FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » HALO 2! HALO 2! HALO 2!

Author Topic: HALO 2! HALO 2! HALO 2!
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Out for PC!!!!!!! Wootsorz omgwtfwootchopperpwnedownedzors1337n3$#$ weeee

weeeeee

wiiiiiiiiii!

[Party]

[Cool]

*plays epic Halo Music*

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I am posting in this high quality thread.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
weeeeeeeeeeee!

*beware, foul language*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steev
Member # 6805

- posted      Profile for Steev           Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad it requires Windows Vista.

I guess I won't be playing Halo 2 at least for another two or three years.

Posts: 527 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
you could always buy an used xbox on ebay for a lot cheaper than vista and play halo 2 on it. [Smile]

It is a really fun game though.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
I played the beta for Halo 3 yesterday. It is pretty cool.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I dont like playing console FPS's, it lacks precision. I however got Vista for free from my college so it was an easy choice for me.
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you play halo 1 PC?

I didn't really like Halo 1 on the PC as much as on the xbox. It seemed like they didn't work very hard to make it a good port. Though, maybe they learned from the first try and will do better with halo 2.

speaking of shooters...are you going to get TF2 when it comes out. It is supposed to be out with Half Life 2 episode 2 this fall. It looks pretty interesting. For a while I didn't think it was ever going to come out, but it looks like it will really happen now.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Halo 2 Vista has gotten pretty tepid reviews (speaking charitably), which is more or less in line with Halo 2's general reception these days. After that first year of "OMG BEST GAME EVER" simply because it was the sequel to the Xbox's system seller and because it inaugurated online console gaming, the game's faults have become more glaringly obvious- the poor writing, lackluster graphics, multiplayer balancing that favored luck and superweapons over skill, etc. From the reviews, it doesn't sound like the team responsible for the port fixed these issues (and in fact added several new problems of their own).
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Is it out for Mac too, I haven't been able to get my game on properly ever since I made the switch, (not that I regret it, best decision I've ever made) I loved Halo CE, but I've never played the sequal.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Pfft. Is there really anything to "port?" Microsoft just waits until the Xbox version is played out and then release it on the PC. I'm not going to waste me hard-earned dollar on it.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
I dont like playing console FPS's, it lacks precision. I however got Vista for free from my college so it was an easy choice for me.

See, for me, that was one of Halo's strongpoints on the XBox--it controlled smoothly, without the need for mousepoint precision. It's a totally different game on the PC. And, I might add, the top 100 or so on XBox Live have more than enough precision. My roommates broke into the top 100 freshman year, and let me tell you, playing against them could be a painful experience. Firing an SMG shouldn't be as simple as pointing a mouse.

To each his own. I don't think Halo 2 is as good as Halo CE, but it's worth a play if you're a gamer. Hope you enjoy it.

Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the "Tablescraps for Windows" campaign is finally bearing fruit.

Whoops. I mean, "Games for Windows". [Evil]

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Company of Heroes is in that line, too ... don't mess with Company of Heroes! [Smile]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

for me not only is it a matter of not liking but also a gorwing inability to play console fps's, nighing on the side of being slightly painful I simply with kehyboard and mouse am completely unable to play a console FPS anymore. And yes I played Halo 1 for the PC and it was awesome. got me to read the books.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.