Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 7

Author Topic: 7
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
So, is true? Is it everywhere? Everything? Does it stalk you? Is it one of those numbers that for a second you think isnt seven until you realize that it is seven?

I have several friends who hate the number seven and are paranoid of it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why I picked my lucky number to be 13.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

- posted      Profile for Sm34rZ           Edit/Delete Post 
Omigosh! I just realized that there are SEVEN days in every week!

AAAAAAAAAAUUUUGGHHHHHH!

Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I wish. I'd deposit $100 in my savings account every day. Best return ever!
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this really a topic of discussion?
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

Don't you realize that your post has SEVEN words in it!?

:-)

Seriously though, it's pretty common theme in some video games. Heck, almost all games from BUNGIE (i.e. HALO) feature sevens, especially an old shooter series they made called Marathon.

Also, I know the number occurs a lot in the scriptures(God creates the world in six days, rests on the seventh, etc), and that in Hebrew the number 7 represents perfection.

Posts: 113 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

Seventh post! [Razz]
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
You get the seventh post and you can do is stick your tongue out? That deserved a [Evil Laugh] . You should be ashamed.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sm34rZ
Member # 8609

Your post contains 21 words which is a multiple of . . . SEVEN!!!

Oh, and [Razz]

RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
I chose 8 as my number. Well rounded, very balanced.

and it one ups seven.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope. 17, 21, 43. Tons of better numbers out there to be unlucky. 7 just sounds so cliche.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
What's weird is my lucky number is 23. So it peeved me off when they did the movie, because... I dunno, it's my lucky number. When we were down in Vegas eating at a restaurant, they had that game where they randomly put some numbers up (1-100) and you try to guess which ones. (Plinko?) Either way, when I'd watch it, I consistently guessed when 23 appeared. Now, it wasn't by skill or a pattern, it was by luck, hence it being my lucky number.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Wife: "What's your lucky number?"
Me: "e".
Wife: "What?"
Me: "Never mind. Pass the salt."

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

quote:
Originally posted by Sm34rZ:
Your post contains 21 words which is a multiple of . . . SEVEN!!!

Oh, and [Razz]

If you spell the number 21, your post has fourteen words, another multiple of seven. [Taunt]
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god it is like everything is made of numbers like in that Darren Aronofsky movie.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsim1337
Member # 10168

- posted      Profile for gsim1337   Email gsim1337         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I don't have a lucky or unlucky number, but I do dispise the number 81. Try finding something to do with 7 in this post [Taunt]
Posts: 81 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Nighthawk:
Wife: "What's your lucky number?"
Me: "e".
Wife: "What?"
Me: "Never mind. Pass the salt."

[Laugh]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

what is it about 17 21 and 43? they just seem to fit.

It is a strange sensation with certain numbers. I always look at numbers and try to decipher them and rearrange them and combine the numbers in different ways to find patterns. I like 43 in particular. It is a unique type of number.

Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

I like e.

The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I bet you if you pick any number, especially a single digit number, you'll see it A LOT EVERYDAY.

Tomorrow, I pick 8.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
Nope. 17, _2_1, 4_3_. Tons of better numbers out there to be unlucky. 7 just sounds so cliche.

There it is again!!
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perplexity'sDaughter
Member # 9668

- posted      Profile for Perplexity'sDaughter   Email Perplexity'sDaughter         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by gsim1337:
Hmm, I don't have a lucky or unlucky number, but I do dispise the number 81. Try finding something to do with 7 in this post [Taunt]

Let's see... how about 8-1=7? (the 8 and the 1 are coming from 81).
Posts: 55 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Perplexity'sDaughter:
quote:
Originally posted by gsim1337:

Let's see... how about 8-1=7? (the 8 and the 1 are coming from 81).
He set you up, it's all over now.
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.