FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Chernobyl

Author Topic: Chernobyl
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at the pictures providing in the link of another thread and the pictures have a very interesting feel about them, like a kind of suspense. And come to think of it would probly make a good set for a horro-suspece video game and or movie. Anyone know if there are any Half Life 2/FEAR kind of games involving Chernobyl? Or movies.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friday
Member # 8998

- posted      Profile for Friday   Email Friday         Edit/Delete Post 
Well there's S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Not sure if it's any good, but it fits your description pretty much to the letter.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
What pictures are these?
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://englishrussia.com/?p=293

these pictures fill me with appreciative awe.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
anti-maven's Photos from a visit to Chernobyl link in the How Modern Cities Will Physically Degrade thread.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Friday:
Well there's S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Not sure if it's any good, but it fits your description pretty much to the letter.

It's actually a very good game... The complaints I've heard so far is that it's more of a first-person RPG rather than a true FPS. Also, it's a bit of a sci-fi mixed with history mixed with horror in it's storyline. Also, I've heard several times the world is too large and open-ended.

If the developers stuck to plan, they used actual plans, photos, and maps to design the world though. The towns in the game are where the towns are in the the real world. Rooms, corridors, and control panels all were supposed to be designed off of plans and photos of the actual plant.

To put it simply, yes there is a game such that you described.

EDIT: To add that I've just dabbled in one of the Betas, and never made it sufficiently close to the plant and heart of the city. If anyone knows how much of the actual town made it in, I'm curious... I can't imagine they got it all.

[ June 04, 2007, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Architraz Warden ]

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
And a LOT more Chernobyl pictures from pripyat.com
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
Good lord.
Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.