FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Help me work from my back. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Help me work from my back.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw man, Porter. If you lived anywhere near me, I'd be over in two shakes with my circular saw, a box of screws and enough wood to build about ten such desks. I really feel for you. I've been having back issues lately too, but nothing to your degree. :-/
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I got it, but haven't read it yet.

I haven't made any decisions about surgery. The first step is seeing the neurosurgeon, which happens on Wednesday.

edit: That was a reply to Ela. [Smile]

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope your appointment went well! Meanwhile, I saw this and thought of you: http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/accessories/938d/?cpg=54H
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I thought I'd let y'all know how things have turned out.

I decided to not get the surgery. I've been slowly improving. I probably would have improved much quicker if I had had surgery, but I don't regret my choice.

Over and over I keep fooling myself into thinking that I'm improving more than I really am, but overall, I keep getting better.

I'm up off the floor and sitting in a chair to work again. This last week I was working on something that required two monitors, so I unscrewed it from the shelf and put it back on my desk, ending my ability to lay down and work. But I haven't done that at all for weeks, so it's no sacrifice.

I still need to make sure I don't sit for too long a stretch, but I'm doing well.

I have really enjoyed the goldtouch keyboard I got on Bob's recommendation. Thanks.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
There's been a lot of research lately showing back surgery rarely helps recovery (and that it is done far too often), so that was probably a good choice.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear it Porter, I'm sure its pretty awesome to shrug off surgery and tell folks, "yeah I decided to just heal myself and avoid the hubbub."
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to hear that you're improved. [Smile] Thanks for the update.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The Man asked how your back was the other day. Good to hear things are generally trending up.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad things are improving, mr_porteiro_head.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.