FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oceans 13

Author Topic: Oceans 13
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was the best out of all three.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
The names of these movies are retarded...
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I even want to give it a chance. The second one ruined it for me. Maybe I'll watch it On Demand in six months.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
ill go see it just cuz i like the cast. i didnt really like the second one, but the first one was good. ill prolly see it just to complete the trilogy.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
I also liked it best.
Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by krynn:
ill go see it just cuz i like the cast. i didnt really like the second one, but the first one was good. ill prolly see it just to complete the trilogy.

Ditto.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by KarlEd:
quote:

Ditto.
Tritto
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
GOOD NEWS: Ocean's 13 is more like 11 than 12

BETTER NEWS: Cameo by someone that we all know and love. Initials S.D.O.

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

The second one stunk, but this one made up for it I think. The part where the guy was like
"I'm making you taller you're a midget in 34 states" was hilarious.

Also the riot in Mexico was funny too.

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the second one. And I don't think I want to. Is it possible for me just to rent the third one when it comes out?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

There's a few characters from the second that are in the third aswell, but the style of the movie more closely follows that of the original, so its your call. Personally I would just watch or rent the third and skip the second. It might be a bit confusing when some characters pop up that you don't recognize, but I guess you will have to just go with it. The second one really was terrible.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

That's what I've heard. I've seen mostly good reviews for this one. Entertainment Weekly gave it an A-.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was pretty boring, especially the first half. The second half of the movie had some comic appeal, but at no point was the action at all gripping.

Don't waste your time with it.

Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Are you talking about the second or third movie?
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:

Sweet. I love Sandra Day O'Connor!
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
.. heh
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like it nearly as much as the first, but thought it was far better than the second.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I watched the first one this morning.
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
ill prolly see it just to complete the trilogy.

Wow. Just imagine the poor folks who said the same thing about The Land Before Time III.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timoty
Member # 10389

- posted      Profile for Timoty   Email Timoty         Edit/Delete Post 
I might have to go see this now. Hrm.
Posts: 39 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
dont ruin my childhood memories. i loved land before time 3. little foot is boss!
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
I was talking about the third movie.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

What I like the best about this movie is that it is a further incorporation on a series, so we already have a good sense of who everyone is.

That way we can just be content to watch these loveable con-folk noodle around and have fun in a fun little side adventure with heaps of witty banter. The series plays like a high-budget, intellectual opposite to the Hardy Boys serials.

Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Speed:
quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:

Sweet. I love Sandra Day O'Connor!
I thought it was Sudden Death Overtime.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Land Before Time didn't hit its stride until it got into the double digits.

Just saw Ocean's 13, it was good. MUCH better than the second, but not quite up to the level of the first. I thought launching into the plot without any premable made it a bit confusing, and these girls behind me who talked through the whole thing were totally confused. I don't blame them for talking, between the two of them they barely were able to piece it together. I followed it just fine, but it was easy to get lost in many of the details, it felt like the rushed through all the planning stuff that was so much fun in the second one and just got right to the actual caper.

Worth watching, funny, the caper was good, but not as good as the original remake.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krynn
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for krynn   Email krynn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by plaid:
quote:
ill prolly see it just to complete the trilogy.

Wow. Just imagine the poor folks who said the same thing about The Land Before Time III.
LOL. too funny. those damn dinsoaurs! luckily i stopped after the first one. i also just watched Ocean's 13 and thought it was pretty good. the riot in mexico was great. as good as the first one, i dont know. both were alot of fun to watch. one of the few ends of a trilogy that i am glad i bunkered in for.
Posts: 813 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Land Before Time didn't hit its stride until it got into the double digits.

Just saw Ocean's 13, it was good. MUCH better than the second, but not quite up to the level of the first. I thought launching into the plot without any premable made it a bit confusing, and these girls behind me who talked through the whole thing were totally confused. I don't blame them for talking, between the two of them they barely were able to piece it together. I followed it just fine, but it was easy to get lost in many of the details, it felt like the rushed through all the planning stuff that was so much fun in the second one and just got right to the actual caper.

Worth watching, funny, the caper was good, but not as good as the original remake .

Emphasis mine.

Oy. The original remake?! You know it's gotten bad when we don't just talk about the original; we talk about the original REMAKE. Go Hollywood.

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Plenty of movies have remakes, or even remakes of remakes of remakes.

To my knowledge, there's only been one Ocean's 13 remake, but it never had sequels. I just wanted to specify that I wasn't talking about the original Ocean's 11, but the remake, though I suppose I could have just said Ocean's 11, but 12 and 13 were spawned from the remake, so in a way, the remake is still the original progenitor of the sequels.

Complicated.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I love the Ocean 11-13 movies. I think they are fun, witty, and clever. Seriously people who have problems with movies these days dont really know what a bad movie is.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.