FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dead Like Me

Author Topic: Dead Like Me
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Have any of you seen the show? It is awesome, too bad it was canceled after the second season. It just couldn't reach a wide enough audience, I guess. I have links to every episode online via stream so if you want it just contact me via PM.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orlox
Member # 2392

- posted      Profile for orlox           Edit/Delete Post 
Great show! Much of it shot at my old hangouts, like the coffee shop. And, of course, Inigo Montoya. [Smile]
Posts: 675 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, great show. If you liked it, give Wonderfalls a try. Same creators and the female lead shares the sarcastic attitude.

An article came out recently talking about direct to dvd movie projects, and Dead Like Me was listed.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent show. I've only seen the first season though, and am probably going to get the second as a gift. Can't wait to watch it.

Though I did lose a bet with my brother that the main character (not George, obviously) is Inigo Montoya. [Grumble]

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Crap! Rube is Inigo Montoya!!!

He looks so different!!!! He SOUNDS so different!

I had to look it up on IMDB because I didn't believe it.

Dang and I've watched the whole show like twice and Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies. How did I never notice this before?

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't believe it when I first heard it either and had to check IMDB. He really doesn't look at all the same, and his voice is different, but the speech pattern and pronunciation are the same. He has that closed mouth talking thing and speaks with a rhythm that's a little different than most people.

That's not my favorite, though. I still can't stop referring to the meter-reader as Whitley.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked it, but felt it dragged. I couldn't get through the first season.

I mean, why exactly, do I care about dead people?

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, it was weird, earlier today I was looking at the recommendations section in my Netflix account and "Dead Like Me" was in there. I was thinking of starting a thread to ask if it's any good, and lo and behold!

Yeah, Mandy Patinkin: Inigo Montoya, the guy in Yentl, a doctor on Chicago Hope, a singer, and the Crestor man. He was once a really great murder suspect on Law & Order, too. I can see how you'd be taken aback to realize that Inigo Montoya is the same guy as all those others if you hadn't been aware of that -- I think I always knew who he was because his name is so unique that I just noticed it.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Loved that show. Love that show.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome show. Must get the DVDs for the permanent collection.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Inigo Montoya on Broadway totally blows my mind. It's just... bizarre.

I do, however, adore the show. The DVDs are also on my list. [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
Inigo Montoya on Broadway. But not till about 2:30 into the clip.

More Broadway Mandy.

And still more.

A more innocent offering. Once again, he doesn't appear until about 2:30.

Am I a geek or what?

[ June 13, 2007, 02:39 AM: Message edited by: Amilia ]

Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Loved that show. Love that show.
ya know, I thought that girl and you shared a lot of characteristics. except you're not dead. I think.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't like it. I watched the first season only and I agree that it dragged. I liked the characters, I liked the actors, the premise was good, but the writing just sucked.

I love Mandy Patinkin and I loved his performances in this, but there was just not enough good writing to make it worth watching.

I loved Wonderfalls, Firefly, and Carnivale if you want to compare with my views on other shows that got canceled.

Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.