FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "Gay Bomb"

Author Topic: "Gay Bomb"
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
As I've been away for some time, I don't know if anyone posted this before. I find it rather...amusing. I mean... it's... weird, that something like this was even conceived as a serious proposal to Pentagon... Oh, yes, there is also the amazing "halitosis" bomb and the "flatulence" bomb :-). [ROFL]

Welll... links here:

BBC

Wikipedia

The Wikipedia entry also show other links to the subjects.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It was never a serious proposal. It was an off-hand mention, as is obvious from the original text.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Soy Bomb?
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I've found Tequila works really well.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
I've found Tequila works really well.

As a Gay bomb?
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
This is only further evidence that the U.S. military has borrowed some ideas from OSC, and is now using a group of brilliant 6th-graders to come up with their military strategies.
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
If this actually existed, would it be against any war morality to use it? Is the humiliation at having "gone gay" too psychologically torturing? I'd like to try this on some Islamofascists!
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It was never a serious proposal. It was an off-hand mention, as is obvious from the original text.
Off-hand or not, it wasn't meant to be taken as a joke when submitted to the Pentagon. Of course I don't think they actually went far with it, but the sheer fact that it was even considered is staggering. [ROFL]

Now I have all this weird visions about "The Stand" (Stephen King's book, you know?) but instead of the "Captain Trips" Superflu, we'd have another...chemical agent... oh, the humanity!

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

quote:
If this actually existed, would it be against any war morality to use it? Is the humiliation at having "gone gay" too psychologically torturing? I'd like to try this on some Islamofascists!
I bet you would, naughty boy... [Blushing]

[No No]

The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
stephan: Nothing makes straight girls go gay faster than tequila.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys laugh, but eventually one of these ideas sticks in a way it was never meant to.

I can't tell you how many things were designed for a purpose but are now used predominantly in a much different way.

But these alternate uses can be good or bad.

Look at dynamite and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD40

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fusiachi
Member # 7376

- posted      Profile for Fusiachi   Email Fusiachi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Primal Curve:
Soy Bomb?

Spanish for... I am bomb. ;-)
Posts: 433 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a saying that no one is more than 8 pints away from... well, you know. [Wink]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
There's a saying that no one is more than 8 pints away from... well, you know. [Wink]

Wild and rampant homosexuality?

Yes, kudos to Phillip, master of making the implicit explicit!

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Battler03
Member # 10453

- posted      Profile for Battler03           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega M.:

Don't know why you'd need to--no bomb you could invent would make them any more perverted than they already are. I was stationed in Balad for four months, and I can't tell you how much FLIR video we have of local nationals having their way with various types of livestock.
Posts: 82 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Great use of my taxpayer money.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
What if some of this was "accidentally" tested on various political and religious leaders throughout the country? I bet we'd have same-sex marriage laws in every state before you could say fabulous!
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Joldo:
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:

Wild and rampant homosexuality?

Yes, kudos to Phillip, master of making the implicit explicit!

[ROFL]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
The USArmy would collapse when facing an enemy who's been GayBombed to Make Love, Not War.

"AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Medic! Medic! I've been kissed!"
Then at the field hospital...
"Sorry, son, we're gonna hafta discharge ya. We can't have soldiers engaging in public displays of affection for the same sex."

[ June 16, 2007, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a bottle of this stuff... [Wink]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.