FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mandy Moore

Author Topic: Mandy Moore
GForce
Member # 9584

- posted      Profile for GForce   Email GForce         Edit/Delete Post 
Mandy Moore: better singer or actor? She started out in the music business (to my understanding), but I think she found her true calling in film. She was hysterical in "Saved!" and several other movies that she's been in, and I am actually rather excited about "License to Wed". Agree, disagree?
Posts: 127 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
She's hot.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

- posted      Profile for RunningBear           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah.
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
um?
Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

what?
Posts: 883 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
I like her acting. It's not very good. Liking it is inexplicable. I sat through that movie where she plays the teenage girl with problems. I mean, I think there were three or four of those but they are indistinguishable in my mind. I am happy, now, to sit through that movie where she plays a twenty-something with problems, like: she has a wacky mother, or a wacky priest, or whatever. I also like her cover of "Moonshadow", which is also not good. I don't know why I like it. Just do.
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Cuz she's hot.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
eh?
Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Mandy Moore is not especially talented, in my opinion. However, she is remarkably likable. She just oozes "good person".

I don't think that she is especially beautiful either, based on pure physical appearance, but her personality pushes her well into the "hottie" category, at least for me.

[ June 18, 2007, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
yep.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
My roommate commented that, for her, Mandy Moore is not unlike Drew Barrymore. Not a whole lot of range, but incredibly charming and likeable. Sometimes inexplicably so.

If she continues to make realistic choices role-wise, I think she could do pretty well.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by porcelain girl:
My roommate commented that, for her, Mandy Moore is not unlike Drew Barrymore. Not a whole lot of range, but incredibly charming and likeable. Sometimes inexplicably so.

Very well put. I agree.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TL:
eh?

Eh.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RunningBear
Member # 8477

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TL:
eh?

Eh.
Meh?
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm actually a little curious to hear the stuff on her new album (I think it just got released) because I heard she was angry at being so controlled in the music industry and decided to write her own music this time.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm... sophomoric humor...

<drools all over Mandy Moore>

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
otterk10
Member # 10463

- posted      Profile for otterk10           Edit/Delete Post 
I liked her when she guest starred as Julie in Scrubs. She was also good in Entourage, but how hard can it be to play yourself?
Posts: 77 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_Frank
Member # 8488

- posted      Profile for Dan_Frank   Email Dan_Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so funny.
Posts: 3580 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.