FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » John From Cincinnati

Author Topic: John From Cincinnati
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished watching the second episode. It's...interesting. I'm just not sure what to think of it yet, but it seems to have a lot of potential. I do like John.

Is anybody else watching this?

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
ive never heard of it [Frown] whats the channel?
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

HBO. Sundays at 9pm ET.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the first one and was bored. My hubby watched the second one and said it was much better. I plan on watching it tonight.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

So...he's Jesus?
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't watched last nights episode yet... but near as I can tell he's some sort of supernatural being or an alien...

The show is kinda dumb I think. I keep expecting it to get better...

But they have the writers from Deadwood. Deadwood is a GREAT show but having modern people talk like that doesn't work. They have these huge monologues... What my hubby and I call "Head bobbing monologues" (if you watched Deadwood you'll know exactly what we mean) where they all talk like Al Swaringin. And it's useless, boring and hard to follow.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

Hey Pixiest, are you still watching this? The season finale is tonight. If we don't get some more definitive answers, I'm done whether they do another season or not.

It's just so disappointing because it has so much potential.

I never watched Deadwood, but I get what you're saying. I usually find the dialogue to be witty or at least fairly amusing, but it can get boring sometimes, too.

Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Deadwood being the writers was so obvious, I never even bothered to check. I just said:

"This was clearly written by the writers of Deadwood."

And never had any doubt. The monologues are very strange, it is true, and the show even has Trixie! The actress is playing the exact same character!

I agree that they better go all out tonight, or else I don't see any viewers being around for the second season.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
HBO is cancelling JFC.

I knew something told me not to watch this. The same thing with Drive. Maybe I am getting some sort of sixth sense about this. "I see dead shows."

I wish it would have worked with Jericho. I doubt it will make it past it's seven episode extension.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Roll: I stopped watching it. Did the season finale tell us anything?
rollainm
Member # 8318

quote:
Originally posted by brojack17:
HBO is cancelling JFC.

I'm not surprised

quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
Roll: I stopped watching it. Did the season finale tell us anything?

Nope.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

Glad I gave up, then.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.