FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack wiki page

Author Topic: Hatrack wiki page
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
This is a thread for a collaborative effort to create an informative, reliable and interesting wiki article about Hatrack, the official website, as well as the forums.

Enjoy [Wink]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
The practice of deleting pages as they are being frantically built and demanding that pages be written and edited BEFORE being placed on the wikipedia completely obviates the entire point of having a wiki in the first place and is a regrettable sign of the institutionalization and stagnation of a once-thrilling innovation.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I have zero wiki-editing knowledge, but it would probably be a good idea to mention the story of Papa Moose winning the trivia contest at Endercon, his landmark, and how OSC expanded the character based on that.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, an "Effects of Hatrack on Orson Scott Card's Works" would be great.

Beyond the Moose and Squirrel characters, there have been lots of research projects and suggestions (including the title for the next Ender book) that have affected OSC's books.

Remember, though, you need to cite things. Don't just recount the story - reference the thread or cite the page in the book where Moose and Squirrel are explained.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Shouldn't a wikipage on Hatrack also include information on Hatrack River Publications, which would provide more outside references?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Welp, the page we had going was deleted because we are "insignificant."

I guess we need to be more like alt.tasteless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt.tasteless GAAH! I shoulda read that before I posted it

Be careful if you follow that link.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I understand we're looking for a wiki host? I could probably add it to my avertinghumanextinction.org site without any trouble, if people are interested.
How about this?

Create a user profile and start editing! [Smile]

[ June 19, 2007, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Tatiana ]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Neat.
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't feel bad folks, I saved all the data and editing in its last incarnation before it was deleted.

If you guys want me to put that back up so we can go back to work on it, I'd be only too happy to. If you want to start over from scratch we can do that as well.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

BlackBlade, it will be safe on my site, if you want to post it there. Follow the link in my post above.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Awesome! I love the history page, whoever is doing the editing. [Smile] It is meet indeed that it should read as a chronicle out of the depth of time. I threw up some structure to give us something to get started on, but feel free to get creative with it and nobody need feel shy about changing anything I added ever. [Smile]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
::raises hand::

That was my editing. [Smile]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Nathan, dear, you got your wedding date wrong. January 8th is our anniversary. January 9th is my birthday.

Please don't give me the responsibility of remembering dates! I suck at it! You normally don't!

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:
BlackBlade, it will be safe on my site, if you want to post it there. Follow the link in my post above.

I carried over most of the content onto the wiki. I'll do some more work on it later, but it is to be hoped our crack team of hatrackers can put in as much content as possible.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I claim that that Wiki was not put in by me, by someone hacking my computer. I blame Kama. Shame on you Kama. Shaaaame.

In other news, DivorceCon07, here I come! [Wink]

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that you should add "jatraquero" to the slang section.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
or YOU could...
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Oh, that's right. It's a wiki. I didn't even think about that. However, I wouldn't know what to put for the definition. Any suggestions?
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Dude, Jonny! Whats up, man?
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

The sky. *snickers immaturely*
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I just fixed the link to the original post that asked the immortal question about "What does it do?" "Do? It doesn't do anything. That's the beauty of it."

Link

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not responsible for anyone's divorce!!!! [Frown]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

DivorceCon07 was a joke from over on GC, and more so, I was saying it was my own doing. Like "Ok, yeah, it was me, wasn't that stupid? Hope she doesn't divorce me over it. [Smile] "

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.