FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Grease pencil/china marker: Where to get one? (Mayfly)

Author Topic: Grease pencil/china marker: Where to get one? (Mayfly)
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I need a white grease pencil. I have been unable to find one at Target, Wal-Mart, and three different office supply stores (Office Depot had them, but only in red).

My next stop is Dick Blick, but that store fills me with consumer lust for arty goodness and I fear I will get a lot more than I need if I darken that door.

I can get them online, but I'd rather not pay more in shipping than for the item, if I can help it.

Any ideas?

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried a hardware store? Just a thought.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd think that most hobby-type stores would carry them.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Our hardware store carries white, red, yellow, blue, and black.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
I'd think that most hobby-type stores would carry them.

Indeed. Do you have "Michaels" stores?

---

Edited to add: You can also call around at fabric stores, like "Jo-Ann's." Sometimes they have craft supplies.

---

PS: I miss you!

---

Also, Michaels has an online store locator. There are some near where you live, if I have your zip code right.

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?template=search&client=michaels

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

YOu mean like auto parts stores? Or the hardware department at Sears? Home Depot? I'm not sure there's a hardware store near where I live. I'll check the yellow pages...

I tried the Hobby Lobby, and had no luck.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I know where there's a Micheal's! I don't know why I didn't think of that. Duh. *shame*

The bad weather has made me feel so thick the last couple of days. *sigh* We needed the rain,t hough.

P.S. I miss you, too! [Cry]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I called Michaels at where I think is nearby you, and they carry grease pencils in the art department. You might want to double-check, though.

We have been rainy, too. Lots of long days at work. *sigh

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Olivet:
YOu mean like auto parts stores? Or the hardware department at Sears? Home Depot? I'm not sure there's a hardware store near where I live. I'll check the yellow pages...

I tried the Hobby Lobby, and had no luck.

Home Depot would be a hardware store, but when I say "hardware store" I am usually thinking of a local chain or a local stand-alone hardware store. [Smile]

Sears, I would consider a "department store" (although if I mean Sears I will say Sears, they are very different from most other department stores.) And auto part stores are definitely not hardware stores.

You're really frazzled today, huh? [Kiss]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

KQ- yes, yes I am. [Big Grin]

Wee Boy is still in his underpants, and keeps saying he doesn't want to get dressed. Big Boy decided to wear... the big paper shorts they gave him to wear for his yearly physical. The cat just tried to eat a rather long ribbon, most of which had gone down it's gullet when I caught it. (EW!)

It's not a really strong 'brain day' for me.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh, I know how you feel. My life is made easier today by the fact that I've decided since we're all sick and not going anywhere, we don't have to be dressed. So I'm staying in my nightgown, Bridget's in the onesie she slept in (minus the pajama pants), and Emma is still in her Superman pajamas (although we did put the cape back on.)
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I also meant something like Ace Hardware or True Value (those are the names I know here, at least) but Home Despot would have probably also worked.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

CT, you are by far to sweet to me. [Kiss]

And, yeah, I drew a complete blank on the words "hardware store" [Eek!]

I've never noticed one around here, but I can't say I've paid close attention, either.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.