FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Quick question for the DC people - IKEA related (mayfly)

Author Topic: Quick question for the DC people - IKEA related (mayfly)
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Abhi & I are headed to IKEA tomorrow to furnish our apartment - the question is, which one should we go to? We're in Rosslyn, so it's pretty much a 30 minute drive to either Woodbridge or College Park. I'm thinking that the VA one would be better, just to avoid DC traffic, but is one larger/have more items than the other?
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been to Woodbridge, but I will say the one in College Park is very nice, and has a much larger basement selection than White Marsh. So if you want more kitchen trinkets and textiles, things you can't necessarily get any other way than going to the store, I'd suggest College Park. If you're just looking for furniture, though, I'd venture to guess that you'd be fine going to either location.
Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
The Woodbridge one is exceptionally nice - but I haven't been to CP, so I can't compare. I think you're fine either way. What time of day are you going there?
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
It depends on when you go, and what route you decide to take.

If you go to the Woodbridge one between the hours of 2pm and 8pm, expect to sit in traffic for an hour. It's summer, it's a Friday...lots of people on the roads.

I've never been to the College Park Ikea either. I try not to go to the Woodbridge one, but I get...persuaded to entirely too often.

IKEA

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
College Park, no question. Bigger store, better layout, and they always have stuff in stock. My roommate recently went to Woodbridge for chairs but they were out. College Park had everything, and she raved about it in comparison.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advice, guys. Unfortunately, we were on the road to Woodbridge before katthrina's post - which ended up being somewhat accurate. They were indeed out of a couple of things we wanted. Not that deterred us from spending extensive amounts of money (relatively speaking) on apartment furnishings. [Smile] The Potomac Mills area was very good, though, for people trying to fill an apartment - Walmart, Best Buy, Borders, and the other large box stores are all down there, which makes it something of one stop shopping.

We might head up to the College Park IKEA with a friend on Sunday morning - if so, I'll post a comparison.

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you enjoy the traffic last night? We were in Woodbridge visiting some good friends (and Famous Dave's), and there was still gridlock when we came home at about 8:30pm.

Ugh. I hate summer traffic.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
<actually thaught it meant DC people as oppose to Marvel people>
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
There's one in College Park now? That's a lot of stores in a relatively small area.

We have one down here in Atlanta now, so I'm happy. I missed Ikea when I first moved here. I just bought some wooden storage shelving there and put it together a couple of weeks ago.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.