FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » No Reservations (The Movie)

Author Topic: No Reservations (The Movie)
Hitoshi
Member # 8218

- posted      Profile for Hitoshi   Email Hitoshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else going to go see it when it opens on July 27th? It's a cooking romantic dramedy with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Aaron Eckhart. It's actually a remake of the wonderful German film Mostly Martha, but it looks like its staying true to the source while adding its own touches, and Eckhart and Zeta-Jones both seem good for their parts.

You can watch the trailers here:
Theatrical Trailer
First Trailer
Mostly Martha Trailer (.MOV Format - Direct Link)

Posts: 208 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitoshi
Member # 8218

- posted      Profile for Hitoshi   Email Hitoshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry for the double post, but no one else is interested?
Posts: 208 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I kind of had a gag reflex during the preview. I hate Aaron Eckhart and CZJ (unless she doesn't have dialogue--The Mask of Zorro was ok).

There's also zero mystery as to what the story is going to be. They told everything in the trailer.

Not really my type of movie--but I hope you like it.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
The trailer gave everything away. [Frown]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure I"ve seen the "close-hearted career woman becomes an unexpected surrogate mother to depressed kid" movie before.

Except this one has food and Aaron Eckhart.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a sucker for this type of movie, so I plan to see it.
Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually thought it looked worth Netflixing. To each her own, I suppose.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Like no one knew how LOTR was going to end before seeing it [Wink]

I hope to go see this tonight.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.