FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Trivia Wizards: Answer this really vague question

Author Topic: Trivia Wizards: Answer this really vague question
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm brushing up for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire again. Last time I took (and passed [Wink] ) their audition exam, there was a question I didn't know the answer to that unfortunately I don't remember well enough to Google.

It was about an artist of some sort . . . either a makeup artist or an architect or an interior decorator or hair stylist or something like that. He has published books, and his name begins with the letters "Au____" and contains two syllables, I think. I couldn't remember his name because I'd never heard of him.

Actually, I'm not 100% certain it was male, though I think so.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...either a makeup artist or an architect or an interior decorator or hair stylist...
Well, gee, that narrows it down... [Wink]

Can't help you there; I don't really know any of those categories. This is why I can never get on these shows. I might be good at movie trivia and other things, but ask me something about fashion and I'm a blithering idiot.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked that word: blithering.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin Aucoin
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
That might be it!
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
I own one of his books, he is (was?-I think he died) a make-up artist.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Valentine014:
I own one of his books, he is (was?-I think he died) a make-up artist.

Was...
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
otterk10
Member # 10463

- posted      Profile for otterk10           Edit/Delete Post 
How do you sign up to take the audition exam?

I remember back when Who Wants To Be A Millionaire was at its heyday with Regis, my dad called a number and had to answer a question to qualify. Unfortunately, he had no idea what order five different spoons are placed in. After that, my dad never tried again.

However, he always wins our family games of trivial pursuit, and I think he would do good at Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Now that the show is less popular, is there another way to qualify?

Posts: 77 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Val, I am impressed!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.