FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Those pointless threads...this is one of them.

Author Topic: Those pointless threads...this is one of them.
Salsa
Member # 10530

- posted      Profile for Salsa           Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny how these threads don't get closed. Like the official thread.

So raise your post count. Mwahaha. [Evil]

Talk to people about how much Deathly Hallows will be a disappointment.

And how messed up and awesome the Lost season finale was while the Heroes one sucked.

Also who is dumberer...er? Michael Scott or David Brent? That also leads to US office vs. UK office. Who will win? [Dont Know]

And also talk about the other weird threads on Hatrack. You know, it's those types of threads that make this my favorite forum. You guys are awesome. Oh my god, is that Achilles?

Posts: 49 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Neat!
Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salsa
Member # 10530

Yes, I like neat stuff [Big Grin]

I wish somebody made a thread that was made to see how many posts it would get. It would probably be the longest lasting thread EVER. Can this be one? YESS!!!!

Posts: 49 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
*refuses to post in thread*

D'Oh!

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salsa
Member # 10530

This thread is sinking really fast. Keep it alive and post in 3 minutes or a cow will fall on that yellow house nearby.
JumboWumbo
Member # 10047

- posted      Profile for JumboWumbo   Email JumboWumbo         Edit/Delete Post 
On another forum I frequent, there is a thread entitled "the place for random thoughts???". This thread has upwards of eight thousand replies. I always thought such a thread would thrive in a setting such as Hatrack. Perhaps this is the beginning of what could be an epic thread?
Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, seriously, I know I'm a late-comer to it all, but the Heroes finale really DID suck. How stupid were they all, after they painfully made the painful point of it that Peter could regenerate? They even killed him to MAKE SURE they, and we, knew. So WHAT would be the big deal with shooting him? And Claire of ALL people should have been okay with it.

Okay, I'll breathe now.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JumboWumbo:
On another forum I frequent, there is a thread entitled "the place for random thoughts???". This thread has upwards of eight thousand replies. I always thought such a thread would thrive in a setting such as Hatrack. Perhaps this is the beginning of what could be an epic thread?

I'm not even sure that Hatrack could handle that. Didn't one of the last post threads break because it had too many replies?
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AutumnWind
Member # 9124

- posted      Profile for AutumnWind           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
but the Heroes finale really DID suck. How stupid were they all, after they painfully made the painful point of it that Peter could regenerate? They even killed him to MAKE SURE they, and we, knew. So WHAT would be the big deal with shooting him? And Claire of ALL people should have been okay with it.
I see where you're coming from, however the point was that Claire was supposed to shoot him in the spot where the glass shard had basically killed him, so regeneration wouldn't be possible. I guess that a bullet lodged in the brain is more lethal than a large glass shard? Now who's to say that she's that good of a shot, but that was at least the premise. The problem I had was that Peter could just have absorbed Nathan's flying ability, so why take him all the way up. Unless...Nathan just launched him and since there is no body, Nathan is still alive.
Posts: 66 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I liked the Heroes season finale. I finally watched it the other day. I guess Nathan could still be alive, but I took it that Peter was so overwhelmed with the about to explode thing that he couldn't concentrate to use his flying powers.

I don't know why Claire didn't shoot him, but I'm happy she didn't. It was much cooler to have his villain brother sacrifice himself and the evil plan by flying into space and having a big cool explosion in the sky. But I did wonder if there would be any fall out from the blast.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AutumnWind:
I see where you're coming from, however the point was that Claire was supposed to shoot him in the spot where the glass shard had basically killed him, so regeneration wouldn't be possible. I guess that a bullet lodged in the brain is more lethal than a large glass shard? Now who's to say that she's that good of a shot, but that was at least the premise. The problem I had was that Peter could just have absorbed Nathan's flying ability, so why take him all the way up. Unless...Nathan just launched him and since there is no body, Nathan is still alive.

That still doesn't make sense, though. You'd think that the bullet could be removed just as easily. Heck, it might even pass through and he could regenerate on the spot.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

One of my EZ/Yuku boards has a similar thread. We're currently at 31K posts. Yes you read that right. Even admin was stunned when they came in to make sure that the migration went smoothly.

And I think the first Last Post thread crashed because it had developed from short replies to massive chunks of text quoted out of what looked like reference books. but I could be completely wrong on that.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
The only threads that do get closed are ones that break the terms of service.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Salsa
Member # 10530

haha wow this thread is boring...except the heroes discussion

why didn't peter just fly up alone? he already had Nathan's ability.

Also, in the Lost finale, why did Charlie close the door to that small "command room" place instead of getting the heck out of there and not drowning.

Only to make the shows more interesting.

The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also, in the Lost finale, why did Charlie close the door to that small "command room" place instead of getting the heck out of there and not drowning.

Only to make the shows more interesting.

That, and the Looking Glass station is going to be used again. There are three seasons left. They can't just write something out for the heck of it any more. It has to mean something.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On another forum I frequent, there is a thread entitled "the place for random thoughts???". This thread has upwards of eight thousand replies. I always thought such a thread would thrive in a setting such as Hatrack.

Ah, Grasshopper ... *sigh

[Wink]

There was one long ago, a classic one [and very long]. Then a few more after that one disappeared, and so on and so on. [Smile]

Here's another! But it's all good.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
is salsa an alt, or a newbie who likes to criticise forums they only just started posting at?

eta: actually, never mind, i was prolly misunderstanding. [Smile]

[ July 14, 2007, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.