FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Official "I'm going dark on Harry Potter until Saturday" Thread (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Official "I'm going dark on Harry Potter until Saturday" Thread
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Was wikipediaing some stuff for a mildlyamusing.com post about Harry Potter and came across a spoiler for the last book.

D'oh!

Maybe it was real. Maybe it wasn't. But the internet is starting to get dangerous.

So, sorry folks. I am going Harry Potter dark for the rest of the week. No Harry Potter threads for me, no looking at the "View All Active Topics," no nothing until I've read this book for myself.

Who's with me!?

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too.
I want to read the book with a clear mind.
I'm not even going to look at theories.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. Tempted but resisting the leaked copy shows that I can make it through.
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
Here here!

I'm not even tempted.

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
I ruined the ending of the Half-blood prince by clicking on OSC's link to 'THe Great Snape Debate'.

This time, things will be different.

Woo hoo!

Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm using my 3000th post to voice my firm commitment to being spoiler-free for this book. It's tough, and it's darn near everywhere I go online, but I believe it'll be worth it.

At least, I hope so.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
otterk10
Member # 10463

- posted      Profile for otterk10           Edit/Delete Post 
The worst part is that I have to share the book with my sister. That means twice as long in the dark.
Posts: 77 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
otterk10
Member # 10463

- posted      Profile for otterk10           Edit/Delete Post 
The worst part is that I have to share the book with my sister. That means twice as long in the dark.
Posts: 77 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna know, I wanna know, but I wanna find out for myself. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Its hard to resist but I keep reminding myself it'll be worth it when I have it in my hands and can read it clearly without squinting at a computer screen or skipping illegible pages.

I've been tempted to unplug my internet but mostly I've been okay keeping to a few safe forums and staying away from livejournal (which has had quite a few evil spoiling terrorists milling about.) And I don't open emails from anyone I don't know. So far, so good.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to jokingly post here in big capital letters that some random important character will die and then underneath write "just kidding I haven't read any of the pirated copies" but I'm afraid someone will see it and then immediately look away not wishing to ruin anything else and not realize I was kidding. [Razz]
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Thank you for doing your part to keep this a safe, comfortable place for the Dark Ones, or, as we also known, The Unspoiled.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
So just what is this Harry Potter? I'm in the dark.
Excuse my manners. Would you like some tea?

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm going dark too. Not that I would be terribly upset to learn the ending. I just want to get there on my own.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I did the same thing! Accidentally saw something by someone who may or may not even have read the book that suggested something...won't say what....but big. I know there are lots of fakes running around and lots of people just pretending, but it's bugging me anyway.

I have been planning this coming weekend for months -- ever since the release date was announced. I even have my parents in for the whole weekend to take care of my son. I am not going to let it get ruined by a squinty-eyed pirated (stolen copy of the book.

This weekend I don't expect to come on the internet at all. After Saturday I can't even console myself that the "spoiler" was probably from a fake copy.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm joining this Club. It's getting so hard to avoid it!!
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Christine, if you see the spoiler I think you did, it was from the original fake copy that showed up three weeks ago. It was not a scanned book but a text pdf file and is not thought of as even a good fake but as a fanfic.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going dark. If anyone spoils it for me, the machetes will come out. I don't understand why people would spoil something like this for themself, and for others. I'm not remotely tempted, and I'm actually rather peeved about it all.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my coworkers doesn't know how book 6 ends. Another one said something about how she cried at the end of movie 5 and I said the 6th will probably be just as bad. The other coworker said shhh I don't know what happens, I haven't read it yet. Two years without knowing the end of book 6 is pretty impressive.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by otterk10:

WHY?? Go buy your own book! Don't share. You'll probably read it more than once...

We will have three in our house; one for me and each of my step-daughters.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
The net is a minefield this week. I just hope I get my book on time.

My calendar is free all Saturday. I'm reading HP before some ***hat spoils it for me.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by aretee:
quote:
Originally posted by otterk10:

WHY?? Go buy your own book! Don't share. You'll probably read it more than once...

We will have three in our house; one for me and each of my step-daughters.

We're sharing but reading it out loud. We did this with 5 and 6 and it was very nice. Actually, DH reads a lot of books to me since I'm legally blind but I know of other families who have read the HP books aloud without any visual difficulties -- even taking turns as the reader. It makes it into a family thing. [Smile]

Come to think of it...I just remembered that Orson Scott Card did this with his family. I happened to be at his boot camp just after book 5 came out and he mentioned reading it aloud to his family. Just an interesting tidbit.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. I am looking only at Buffy sites until then. The general information sites are way too dangerous.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

JK Rowling releasd this statement:

quote:
We are almost there! As launch night looms, let's all, please, ignore the misinformation popping up on the web and in the press on the plot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'd like to ask everyone who calls themselves a Potter fan to help preserve the secrecy of the plot for all those who are looking forward to reading the book at the same time on publication day. In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
JK Rowling releasd this statement:

quote:
We are almost there! As launch night looms, let's all, please, ignore the misinformation popping up on the web and in the press on the plot of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'd like to ask everyone who calls themselves a Potter fan to help preserve the secrecy of the plot for all those who are looking forward to reading the book at the same time on publication day. In a very short time you will know EVERYTHING!

This creature has evolved beyond even Rowling's ability to control it. She'd do well to go lay down, turn on the news for reports of Potter-mania, and occasionally check her mail box for yet another big check.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I have to share my book too, but since I'm the one actually buying it, I'm claiming it first.

Earlier that night, Harry and the Potters and Draco and the Malfoys are doing a show in Harvard Yard. If you're in Boston, it starts at 7.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
I too, will share my pre-ordered copy. But, my sister will have to wait. Muhuhaha!!!

Actually, in anticipation, my sister went out and actually bought the first three HP books (We've only read them from the library before now). So, I, of course, had to buy the latest three, and I've preordered the seventh, which means I win, and I get to take the series with me to college. Woo hoo. (I mean, you can't break up a series, and who would want to keep just the first three books?)

Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I would. hehe. I think you're going to have to fight for those.

I'm not taking special pains to go dark, as I trust my friends list on Livejournal, and you guys are awesome about spoilers. [Smile] I haven't gone looking, though, as I know something would probably pop up and piss me off.

But, good luck to you all. I think we can manage to stay spoiler free for another few days.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be sharing my copy too. But it shouldn't be a problem, given the conversation I had with my daughter this morning. I pointed out that I was getting the copy first, and that since she is going to camp on Wednesday, might not get to read it before she leaves. She
  • hadn't known it was coming out this weekend
  • doesn't see what the big deal is
  • and thinks her mom is a bit tetched.

"Don't you want to read it?"
"Sure, but I'm not all excited about it." *teenage-girl eyeroll*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
Aww. My little brother is like that.

My mom and I are going to Barnes and Noble at midnight and we have two pre-ordered copies waiting. My little brother, who for some odd reason doesn't like hardcover books, has his copy of the series in paperback and just borrows the newest book from me when I'm done (since I usually finish first.)

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I don't know when I've ever seen Hatrack so dead. Only 20 threads are fresher than noon today. It's like everyone is either reading the bootleg or holed up afraid of spoilers. Well, I'm not going to seek out spoilers, but I'm not going to let them stop me from living my life either.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I am officially safe from spoilers! Wahooo!
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going dark too. Hell, I'm afraid to even browse the chapter titles in the front of the book when I get it on Saturday for fear of any sort of tip offs.

I just finished rereading Half Blood Prince earlier today, which has me extra excited for Saturday. There's a huge party that someone at work is throwing that night (I have to work that day too) so I have to find a way to beg out of it, but a lot of people want me to go. Personally I want to be holed up in a room with nothing but a soft white light and my book.

But does anyone else have a sort of, dread attached to their anticipation? Not dread that the book will be bad, or that they will be let down, but that after this book....that's it? I almost don't want to read it, to keep the magic alive, to keep the anticipation alive, to keep the story going, but I have to read it. Maybe that's just part of the magic that Rowling has created, that I wish the last book was 10,000 pages long, that it'd take me a year to read, but I know it'll all be over soon, and after that the only thing to look forward to is how badly the last two books will be adapted to film, and to wait for the inevitable tacky Harry Potter onstage musical. Dancing and singing Dementors isn't exactly a comforting thought at this point though.

Ah well, three days to go and it's over.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
it'll all be over soon, and after that the only thing to look forward to is how badly the last two books will be adapted to film
Or, you could read books by other authors. [Wink]
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
Wow, I don't know when I've ever seen Hatrack so dead. Only 20 threads are fresher than noon today. It's like everyone is either reading the bootleg or holed up afraid of spoilers.

Spoilers for Deathly Hallows....
Harry Potter kills the internet!

[ July 19, 2007, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Lyrhawn, the post I was talking about in the first post was about Warner Bros. making a musical from the Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince.

You can see it at http://www.mildlyamusing.com

Although if you're not familiar with Disney Channel's High School Musical, the post might not be as funny.

And my site is spoiler free. Although we have done posts about what the last word will be and spoilers and other stuff, it's all just jokes.

Okay, there are Half Blood Prince spoilers. But I'm assuming anybody reading this thread has read that.

Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
Wow, I don't know when I've ever seen Hatrack so dead. Only 20 threads are fresher than noon today. It's like everyone is either reading the bootleg or holed up afraid of spoilers. Well, I'm not going to seek out spoilers, but I'm not going to let them stop me from living my life either.

Why would you assume this has anything to do with the upcoming HP release?

Or maybe, it does. Honestly, it's the biggest thing on my mind right now and we've pretty much exhausted discussing it so I don't have a whole lot else to say. Definitely not hiding, though. [Smile]

quote:
But does anyone else have a sort of, dread attached to their anticipation? Not dread that the book will be bad, or that they will be let down, but that after this book....that's it? I almost don't want to read it, to keep the magic alive, to keep the anticipation alive, to keep the story going, but I have to read it. Maybe that's just part of the magic that Rowling has created, that I wish the last book was 10,000 pages long, that it'd take me a year to read, but I know it'll all be over soon, and after that the only thing to look forward to is how badly the last two books will be adapted to film, and to wait for the inevitable tacky Harry Potter onstage musical. Dancing and singing Dementors isn't exactly a comforting thought at this point though.

Yeah, I understand what you mean by this. I sometimes wish I hadn't read all the other books so I could enjoy them fresh again. I've re-read them each more than once but it doesn't feel the same. Oh, I've even found a few new things I missed in the first read through and they are still good, but not the same.

To be honest, though, I'm not just dreading it being over. I *am* dreading the possibility that Rowling did something that I seriously won't like. The only thing I can compare it to is The Chronicles of narnia -- another 7-book series. But as far as I'm concerned, there were only 6. If you haven't read Chronicles of Narnia and don't want the last book spoiled for you, skip to the next paragraph.......................................................................................anyway, the author didn't just kill off a character he destroyed the world. Plus, he did worse than killing off a character to Susan, IMHO. If you've read the book, you know what I mean.

So anyway, partly because of that experience I do harbor a fear that she may do something totally unforgivable (to me) in the last book. Killing off Harry wouldn't do that -- although I would cry through a box of Kleenex -- something like destroying Hogwarts and revealing the entire wizarding world to the muggles and turning Nevill into a traitor. [Smile]

We'll see....less than 2 days!!!!

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to a release party tomorrow night with Ophelia. Probably not in any sort of costume, though I considered teasing my hair into odd configurations and chewing random scenery as Bellatrix.

Anybody know where I can get a Dark Mark temporary tattoo? [Big Grin]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtownaga
Member # 7187

- posted      Profile for xtownaga   Email xtownaga         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh I accidentally looked in the spoilers thread (clicked the wrong link) and found out that I'm nowhere near mean enough to post what I read on this thread [Big Grin]
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm joining you guys here. I was thinking about reading anything I could find on it, but that's kinda like reading the last few pages of a book before it starts. And in my eyes, that's virtually a sin.

I've always wanted to go to one of the Barnes and Noble pre-release extravaganzas, but never had the guts to go alone, and no one I know who would go with me is in town.

However, the gods smiled, and I got an offer to work at Barnes and Noble from 8 pm till 2 am as an additional helper. I don't get paid it real world monies, I just get a $50 gift card to the store.

Now that I have a reason and a purpose, I'm going to totally dork-out on Friday night. But until that night, I'm not going to spare another second of my time listening / reading about the release. (Also, I have to finish re-reading the Half-Blood Prince before Friday night!)

I hope to be able to take pictures, and I'll post them here when I can.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
The only thing I can compare it to is The Chronicles of narnia -- another 7-book series. But as far as I'm concerned, there were only 6.

Entirely agreed.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

quote:
Originally posted by docmagik:
Lyrhawn, the post I was talking about in the first post was about Warner Bros. making a musical from the Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince.

You can see it at http://www.mildlyamusing.com

Although if you're not familiar with Disney Channel's High School Musical, the post might not be as funny.

And my site is spoiler free. Although we have done posts about what the last word will be and spoilers and other stuff, it's all just jokes.

Okay, there are Half Blood Prince spoilers. But I'm assuming anybody reading this thread has read that.

Holy crap I was just being sarcastic, I didn't get the reference or know that they were seriously planning a musical. I just figured if they can make LOTR into a musical, they can make ANYTHING into a musical. And I haven't seen High School Musical, just bits and pieces of commercials with it in it whenever I watch Boy Meets World reruns. (Curse you ABC!)

riv and Christine -

Agreed. Generally I read 2-6 whenever I go back to reread the story (and sometimes I'll skip The Silver Chair too. The Last Battle doesn't have any of the fun or magic that the other books have for me, and I think was a serious anti-climatic Narnian clusterfrick if you ask me.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh? I'm totally lost as to which of the Narnia books is "not it." Though if I had to vote, it would be "The Magician's Nephew." If I were playing one of these things is not like the other , it would be "The Horse and His Boy."
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

That anyone would skip The Silver Chair... And The Last Battle, while considerably less fun than the rest, was still largely responsible for an amazing paradigm shift in my religious world view. So I have a fondness for it.

Pooka, I'm with you.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

The Last Battle was just too weird. It didn't feel like the Narnia I'd really loved in LWW, Dawn Treader, Prince Caspian, and even Horse and his Boy.

Silver Chair I still read sometimes, just not every time I reread the series.

Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Lewis never stated what Susan's fate is.

In letters to concerned fans, he indicated that she is -not- "Doomed to be shut out from Aslan's Country forever"...she has her own choices as to what will happen to her, just like everyone else.

Is lack of closure really "worse than killing off"?

Some stories we aren't told the ending of...but that doesn't automatically mean the worst possible ending is what happens.

The Last Battle is dark, bloody, violent, depressing.

But the coda in Aslan's Country has that beautiful conversation between Aslan and Emeth (and the revelation that the entire city of Tashbaan was in the "real" Narnia, while many Talking Beasts and other Narnians didn't make the cut) that -almost- lets me forgive Lewis for putting readers through the wringer.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Whereas The Silver Chair may be the only one I've re-read without all the others. [Big Grin] Of course, I read all the Narnia books back when I didn't understand why people re-read books, because my memory of them was always so detailed and accurate. Now that I'm old, I re-read.

Getting old sucks.

Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Posted by Doc:
quote:
Who's with me!?
I'm with you Doc! Together, united by the common threads of community, we shall vow to plug our ears and shout NEINER-NEINER-NEINER at the top of our voices whenever the news does a Harry Potter story! We shall avoid all Potter-related websites, lest we accidentally stumble upon the work of a kill-joy hacker maliciously spoiling our fun! We shall stand strong in our blissful ignorance, 'til the long-awaited Holy Saturday shall finally be upon us! Can I get an AMEN!?
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! I'm visiting in Portland for a bit (leaving today), and while eating pizza I picked up the local indie weekly the Portland Mercury to read... and there right on the cover they've got a book 7 spoiler ("x kills y!")

It's probably their dumb idea of a joke and it's probably not true, but, @#$%^&*, if I had the time I'd look up their office and egg their windows. [Grumble] [Grumble] [Grumble]

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.