FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What do you want to see in Harry Potter 7?

Author Topic: What do you want to see in Harry Potter 7?
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
This is not a thread for predictions, and certainly not a thread for spoilers. This is a thread to share the events or scenes that you'd love to see in this last HP book.

I want to see Grandma Longbottom open a can of whoop-ass on a bad guy.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see Snape cry.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see someone re open hogwarts after the final battle.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see Voldemort perform in a Broadway musical.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see Draco and Snape redeemed somehow.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see Fred and George to find two nice girls.

I want to see Ron and Hermione get together for a bit before something bad can happen to either one of them.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see the Dursleys redeemed, so Harry can have some actual living relatives that maybe don't understand everything about the wizarding world but don't hate him and don't act like asses all the time.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Awwww... That would be nice.
ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm a softie at heart. I like happy endings. [Smile]

And there have been indications, I think, that it could happen. Kinda.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I want to see Harry suffer miserably...and then die. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been wanting to see the Dursleys redeem themselves somehow. I do, at least, want to get some sense of closure with that subplot.

So, this is just wild things we *want* to see happen, right? Nothing we do think will happen?

Because I'd really like Harry and Hermione to get together. I know...I know...it's been clear for many books who is intended for who. Still, it's a secret desire I've had since book 1. [Smile]

What else?

I'd like to see Hagrid get his dragon.

Fred and George should find identical twins to hook up with.

I'd like to see Snape's head explode. Or maybe he should slip on his own greasy hair. Or both.

I'd like to find out something substantial about Lily Potter -- so far what we know seems superficial.

Oh, and Harry and Luna should get together. Those radish earrings of hers must be irresistible.

Oh, all right, Harry and Ginny, too. He's the hero, he can have three girls, right? [Smile]

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
So, this is just wild things we *want* to see happen, right? Nothing we do think will happen?
That's right.

quote:
Oh, all right, Harry and Ginny, too. He's the hero, he can have three girls, right?
No! This is not Robert Jordan!
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I read a wonderful fanfic once with Harry, Luna, Hermione, Ginny, and Ron all engaged to each other. I think maybe Tonks too. It was spectacularly terrible and wonderful at the same time.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
I want Snape to not be evil.

I want him to fall in love.

That's pretty much it.

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:

quote:
Oh, all right, Harry and Ginny, too. He's the hero, he can have three girls, right?
No! This is not Robert Jordan!
Oh, but really, there are so many similarities. They're both...fantasy...and they both have magic...and girls...and prophecies...and dragons...and foursomes...no wait, that was just in my mind. [Smile]
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
I want Bill and Fleur to marry in a beautiful wedding scene. I'd like to see that in the book.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like some pages with words on them that have a lot to do with Harry Potter and his adventures destroying the Horcruxes.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

No matter what side he's on, I want to seen Snape really bring it.
otterk10
Member # 10463

- posted      Profile for otterk10           Edit/Delete Post 
I want Percy to reconcile with his family.

I want Lupin to be accepted by the wizarding world.

I want Dumbledore to come back.

I don't want Sirius to come back. He never did anything for me (Dumbledore was suppossed to be Harry's fatherly figure. Why does Harry need two?).

Ironically, I only think the first one will happen.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Sirius was never supposed to be a fatherly figure to Harry. He was supposed to try to be and then realize he wanted his friend back.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Carrie:
I'd like some pages with words on them that have a lot to do with Harry Potter and his adventures destroying the Horcruxes.

Totally.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
I want Percy to reconcile with his family.
That would be nice. But first, I want somebody to give him a swift kick in the seat of his pants.
ElJay
Member # 6358

And a noogie.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
And a wedgie. A magical wedgie.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Do wizards wear underpants?
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
He has Fred and George for brothers. He's totally getting all that and more.

I want to see more of Wormtail's hand. It should do something really cool and really evil.

Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rollainm:
Do wizards wear underpants?

[Eek!] [Angst]

One can only hope.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
I want Percy to give his life to show how much he loves his family. I want that to be his swift kick in the pants. Harsh, I know, but he's put Mrs. Weasly through hell!

I want to see Neville make his Grandmother proud.

I want to know why Petunia hates her sister so much.

I want to see Luna and Neville get together. There are too many clues in movie 5 for this not to be a susupicion.

I want a cure for werewolf bites to be found and I want Hermione to do it...this will pave the way for Bill and Lupin to have happy, post Volermort lives.

I want to know the ending so my husband (who has read spoilers) will quit holding it over all of our heads.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
This is a great thread. I have nothing to contribute, but it's a lot of fun to read.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

I seem to recall reading that Luna and Neville will not get together. Then again, I think Neville will die. Maybe he can get snogged (as the British say) once before he goes...yeah, that would be nice. I'd like to see that. [Smile]
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't Neville already get to take Ginny to the Yule Ball? I think of Neville as a kid who is growing up at a normal pace instead of being a mini-adult. Also, I can't imagine a guy taking Ginny on a date and not getting, you know, something in return. Heck, he probably taught her everything she knews.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
I want all loose ends to be tied up perfectly in a way that nobody saw coming, yet fits so precisely with everything before it that it seems like we should have all seen it coming, and which simultaneously illuminates the human condition and the meaning of life without sounding preachy, boring anyone, or preventing even the youngest readers from understanding it. I'd also kinda like it to come with a Snape Bobblehead figure.
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

A Snape Bobblehead figure would rock. Or, at least, bobble.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
Didn't Neville already get to take Ginny to the Yule Ball? I think of Neville as a kid who is growing up at a normal pace instead of being a mini-adult. Also, I can't imagine a guy taking Ginny on a date and not getting, you know, something in return. Heck, he probably taught her everything she knews.

We may never know if he and Ginny got friendly at the dance. I tend to think they didn't, and that Ginny only went with him because she was in third year and wouldn't have been able to go otherwise. Still, if he doesn't get any snogging before he dies, I'll go ahead and believe he got some from Ginny, because it's nice to think he got friendly with a girl. [Smile]
pooka
Member # 5003

I'd rather dance than snog anyway. At least, if snogging means what I think it means. It was actually something that was in the movie that I don't think was in the book, was that Neville was this totally divine dancer. I loved that.
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
A snog is a kiss and it can be anything from a peck to a make-out session.

I don't think Neville and Ginny snogged...she wasn't a vixon then. But I think Neville should get some.

I think Luna would appreciate Neville the way no one else would.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xaposert:
I want all loose ends to be tied up perfectly in a way that nobody saw coming, yet fits so precisely with everything before it that it seems like we should have all seen it coming, and which simultaneously illuminates the human condition and the meaning of life without sounding preachy, boring anyone, or preventing even the youngest readers from understanding it. I'd also kinda like it to come with a Snape Bobblehead figure.

I want all this.

I also want a reprise of Gred/Forge joke, because that really tickled my fancy.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and I would love to see Alice & Frank Longbottom recover their sanity when Voldemort dies, and Neville to have his family.

Don't think it's going to happen, but I would love it.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

Maybe they know the location of a horcrux and Hermione and Harry combine their awesomeness to reorient them. Hey, it could happen. It would be a lot more awesome than some of the predictions I have come up with.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Rowling has said she doesn't think Luna and Neville would work out as a couple...though she does appreciate that the Luna/Neville shippers are a less "scary" bunch than the Harry/Hermione crowd. [Wink]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

That's hilarious.
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

Oh darn. It was the Broadway musical thing wasn't it BB. You just totally spoiled the book for me.
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Toad on a Stick:
Oh darn. It was the Broadway musical thing wasn't it BB. You just totally spoiled the book for me.

[Razz] sorry deleted my post because I realized even saying what I did suggests spoilers.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

Don't worry about it. [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.