FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Cheney's in Charge!! Run for the Hills

Author Topic: Cheney's in Charge!! Run for the Hills
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard this on the Radio, so I don't have a link right now.

President Bush is going for a routine coloncopy sometime today. While under sedation he has authorized Vice President Cheney to be in charge.

This can't be good.

What will Mr. Cheney do while running the most powerful country in the world?

Vegas odds list:

Invading Iran 3:1

Granting himself universal Executive and Legislative privilege for everything he has ever done since stealing cookies from his momma's cookie jar at 6 years old-- 5:1

Pardoning Scooter Libby 8:1

Shooting Scooter Libby 7:1

Arresting all Congressmen who are not in the Executive Branch 19:1

Sitting in the President's chair, behind the President's desk, and playing with the Presidential Pen while giggling like a school girl-- 4:1.

Opening the 7th Seal, and starting Armageddon by launching all the Nukes? 2:1

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
My money's on him puttering around and maybe smirking at the press once or twice.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
God will throw him another heart attack, and he'll simply brush it off because he had his heart surgically removed in 2002 (it's currently in a vault in Langley).

Out of frustration, God then decides to smite another construction worker in Florida just because he can.

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
I stayed in bed until it was all over [Eek!]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
President Bush is going for a routine coloncopy sometime today.
It's over. They found five polyps and his head.
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought I felt a disturbance in the force!
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
quote:
President Bush is going for a routine coloncopy sometime today.
It's over. They found five polyps and his head.
Sounds like they went farther in than necessary. But, then again, given the opportunity to do that to the President, who knows?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Nighthawk, what did they replace it with? Cheney's heart, I mean.
Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

The ashen remnants of a dead star?
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
they found something in his head?

really?

.. really?

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
What I found really interesting was that Cheney's been in charge before. From Yahoo News:

quote:
During the president's colorectal screening on July 29, 2002, Bush relinquished powers to Cheney for more than two hours.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

That was about the time that the War in Iraq started to go to pieces....hmmmm.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

Well, it's nice to know that Bush only relinquishes his power when it involves some doctor cramming something up his... well... you know.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

So little time, so many comments that would not pass inspection by Papa Janitor.
steven
Member # 8099

- posted      Profile for steven   Email steven         Edit/Delete Post 
"Well, it's nice to know that Bush only relinquishes his power when it involves some doctor cramming something up his... well... you know."

I tried and tried, but couldn't come up with anything really good.

Posts: 3354 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Permitheus
Member # 9957

- posted      Profile for Permitheus           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the army, I was at work while this happened... we were all scared. Fortunately the pretty red phone never rang. Crisis Averted. [Razz]
Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
otterk10
Member # 10463

- posted      Profile for otterk10           Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think Cheney considered himself part of the executive branch while he was president?
Posts: 77 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.