FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New Fall TV Shows (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Fall TV Shows
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Journeyman when I first heard about it sounded like a compilation of a half dozen different shows. Part Dead Zone, mostly Quantum Leap, and a little bit of that show where the guy got the paper a day early and had to stop some catastrophe from happening. I think I'm a bit over the genre. It'd have to be exceedingly good for me to watch it, especially given the plethora of new shows coming out and the limited time I have to watch them.

On another note, I'm curious, why are all the Fall debuts so far back in September this year? Remember when the Fall season started the first week of Fall? Now it's the last week of Fall, practically into October. If it means less hiatus time in the Winter, I'll take it, I mean we still get 22 episode seasons on average, so we aren't getting gipped, I just wonder what the reason is.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
The show about the paper was called "Early Edition." I used to watch that show obsessively growing up.

Personally, it reminds me too much of "The Time Traveller's Wife."

And I get what you're saying about the late season start. I was hoping to have some new shows to start watching soon. And some won't even be premiering til October. The winter hiatus doesn't bother me as much as the long summer of re-runs and filler reality spots. The result is often me watching way too many summer "blockbuster" movies and that's never a good thing.

As for NOLA, I think I heard that a new character on "Heroes" will be woman named Nana who lost her daughter to Hurricane Katrina...and she has a connection to Micah.

quote:
“Nana is tough and undaunted and — like the blues — she just keeps rising to the occasion,” Nichols says. The character, who is in dire financial straits, has moved back into her once-flooded home, where she cares for her two grandchildren. One of them, new hero Monica (The Nine’s Dana Davis), is an avenging angel intent on bringing justice to the corruption-plagued Big Easy. Nana is also a great-aunt to Micah, the junior hero played by series regular Noah Gray-Cabey. “Micah is sent to New Orleans to live with the family,” Nichols says. “It’s a quite marvelous, magical story, with wonderful things emerging.” Does Nana have a superpower? “Well, that remains to be seen, now doesn’t it?” coos Nichols.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, they said that there was going to be a relative of DL's this season.

I wonder if they'll start leaving people in the dust with the new characters they are introducing, or if each storyline will just become more crowded. But I also wonder how many characters this show can sustain before either splitting off into a separate show (which is honestly fine with me) or they start cutting people.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the relative of DL's will be raising Micah.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked Life...I think it will be a great show. It was an interesting twist on a cop show.

Bionic woman looked interesting, but I don't know if it has what it takes to make it through a full season.

My guess is that Chuck will get canceled early. I like it. It is quirky and funny, but I don't think it will find the ratings it needs on NBC. It seems more like a show for CW.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing about Life. I watched it again last night, with Havah (she gave it somewhere between a "fair" and a "meh"), and Damian Lewis is a dead ringer for Rorschach. I mean, expressions and all. I don't know if he's who they've got to play him in the Watchmen movie, but if he isn't, they've missed a bet.

I think one of the reasons Havah couldn't get into Life was that she'd just seen the first two episodes of Burn Notice, and that show is just so superior to anything on regular network TV that Life didn't have a chance.

If you haven't watched Burn Notice, you've missed out.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so in love with Michael on Burn Notice. He's got MacGuyver traits that are a blast to watch, but he's a darker person. MacGuyver was unquestionably a good guy. You knew he'd fight for the right thing and be the hero. Michael is a good guy willing to do bad things who gets caught up in convuluted situations where good and bad don't quite define anything.

I caught a rerun of one where he was helping a woman get back her kidnapped son only to get totally played. Didn't see the ending, but I'm sure he got it sorted out in the end. Unlike his feelings for Fiona.

I second the vote for Burn Notice as greatest thing on tv at the moment.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

Lisa, I am very much in agreement with you on burn notice. That show is just amazing.

Do you watch Psych as well? That is also a great show.

USA has some of the best shows on TV.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I know. We were sitting there watching Burn Notice, and Havah asked me why USA has all the good shows. And it's true, to a degree. Burn Notice, The 4400, The Dead Zone (which I still like, even if it's nowhere near the level it was at the first couple of seasons). Psych and Monk, too, except that I haven't allowed myself to get into those.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by AvidReader:
I caught a rerun of one where he was helping a woman get back her kidnapped son only to get totally played.

And the woman in question was played by Lucy Lawless (in American-accent mode), which was wicked cool.
Lupus
Member # 6516

The only problem is the seasons are to short. [Smile]

I want more burn notice and psych. [Smile]

solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AvidReader:
I caught a rerun of one where he was helping a woman get back her kidnapped son only to get totally played. Didn't see the ending, but I'm sure he got it sorted out in the end. Unlike his feelings for Fiona.

That is the most recent episode. It is a great show. I started watching it because of Bruce Campbell but I think I'd keep watching even if his character disappeared.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, some of these USA shows sound intriguing. Unfortunately I don't have that channel. I'll check them out, because quite frankly I don't watch enough tv. I thought Damian Lewis was awesome in Band of Brothers, and I haven't seen him in much else, so I'm interested to see Life.

I'm a Heroes and Lost fan, but I'm mostly looking forward to season 2 of Dexter this year.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I've already seen the first 4 eps of Dexter season 2. It's phenomenal.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.