FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Super-addictive gravity/ballistics game - Bug/Features List (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Super-addictive gravity/ballistics game - Bug/Features List
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
http://wickedpissahgames.com/?page_id=3

For some reason, I feel like I need to share this with Hatrack. So fun, so cool, so nerd-lovin' awesome! Carefull - it might ruin your productivity for the rest of the week.

Edit: I've contacted the games author and he'd gladly accept a bugs/features list. So feel free to list any perceived bugs you've encountered or features you'd like added. I'll start my list at the bottom of the thread.

[ August 02, 2007, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Wonder Dog ]

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh that is distractingly fun...

But a bit easy (the first 12 or so are anyways)

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

Things get harder around level 30 - but tons of fun! (And very aesthetic - all those force lines/trails piling up...)
Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Those are just to teach you how to play. It gets more challenging, trust me.
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't seem to get level 7. If I have it on one adjustment, it goes too high. One click lower and it misses in the other direction.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

MidnightBlue - Some of them are wierd like that. Try throwing your cannon way off, then bringing it back to bear on that number. I think it has something to do with the numerical resoltion Flash records angles at vs. the number you're being shown. (eg. The readout say 7.8, but the software is actually reading 7.751.)
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
It turns out I was off by quite a bit. For some reason sending it in a completely different direction hit the target.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Xavier:
quote:
Those are just to teach you how to play. It gets more challenging, trust me.
I'll take your word on it for now. I'm at work, and about 12 levels was the maximum amount of risk I wanted to dedicate to that game.

I can usually get up to 25ish at least one these (the spaceship / planet one comes to mind), so we'll see about this one.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Bah. Level 13 and I can't win with the setup I created.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Level 43 looks too hard for me to tackle this afternoon.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
It turns out it wasn't that hard, but level 47 is.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I stopped on 33. Pretty fun, though I don't know I'll go through the trouble to get back to 33. Up until 33 I was able to solve them all in less than a minute, most of the time in less than 30 seconds.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

You don't have to get back up, as long as you're on the same computer.
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm stuck on level 40 HELP!!! anyone tell me how?
PLEASE!!! driving myself crazy.

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

HELP
HELP
HELP [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Wall Bash] [Angst] [Dont Know]

Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Girlie Girl
Member # 9819

- posted      Profile for Girlie Girl   Email Girlie Girl         Edit/Delete Post 
I got to lvl 39 before I had to go. mr_p, you're a force to be reckoned with.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Level 50 is so much worse than anything before it.
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
I got to like level 10 [Embarrassed]
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I'm getting nowhere on 50.
rollainm
Member # 8318

Wohoo! 40 on the third try!
Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
*Head hit table*

I was making 32 far more complicated than it had to be.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I wish there were an easy way to go back to earlier ones.
DavidR
Member # 7473

- posted      Profile for DavidR   Email DavidR         Edit/Delete Post 
I got all the way through level 50 last night. I definately did not get enough sleep. Some of those levels are insane. I definately spent way too much time on it, but I guess that is the nature of addictive games.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
Level 49 says to not freak out, but it's proving to be quite a challenge.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
50 is most definitely evil incarnate. Every solution you come up with later proves to be a complication.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

Heh. I don't even know where to begin on level 50.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

You guys are so right.
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
I only got to 13... =/
Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Something must be wrong because when I use arrow keys to adjust the cannons direction it does not stop going up or down until I hit the arrow in the opposite direction. Even then sometimes it just switches direction and continues moving. Its annoying when trying to fine tune my firing position.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

BlackBlade - I don't know of that's a "feature" or not - I find it annoying, too. But other than that, it's a wicked fun game.
DavidR
Member # 7473

- posted      Profile for DavidR   Email DavidR         Edit/Delete Post 
If you just tap the up or down arrow it moves 0.1 degree, but if you hold it down for a moment and then let go it will continue moving in that direction until you tap one of the buttons again. I'm not sure if it as to be in the opposite direction or not. I find it usefull for major changes in aim. I also had a problem on level 25 where a difference of 0.1 degre would miss to either side of the target. Out of frustration I set the aim spinning and then reset back to where I had missed and the force track was sligtly different. When I adjusted by 0.1 degrees this time I hit the target. If I had known that spinning the gun would alter the aim slightly like that and I tried to do that but the aim only moved by a tenth of a degree each time I hit an arrow button, I would have had to hit the up or down arrow 3600 times to spin it around once.
Posts: 148 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I did it!
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

Okay - now it's time to start listing bugs you've encountered and features you think would add to the game play. See the edit to the first post in this thread for more details.

Here's my list so far:

Bugs:
Rounding error with the cannon - either show more significant digits or force the angle to round to one decimal place in the code.

Moving pre-placed deflectors - when you get to the levels with pre-placed (dark blue) deflectors, after you place your own custom deflector on stage, you can move the pre-placed ones as well.

Features:
Draggable cannon angle - doing gross adjustments to the cannon with the mouse, and fine adjustments with the keys would be neat - and maybe less frustrating that giving the arrow keys "press inertia".

Angle entry Box - let users type in an angle for the cannon. Maybe also let users type in x and y coords for the place-able pods (this might make it too easy, though).

[ August 02, 2007, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Wonder Dog ]

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

You can move the pre-placed ones as well?

[Wall Bash]

Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

I think it's more of a bug than a feature - I haven't been able to do it yet with pre-placed attractor pods (dark red).
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
You can move the pre-placed ones as well?

[Wall Bash]

[Taunt]
Almost takes away the euphoria of victory donnit?

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Almost.
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

If anything, wouldn't it make you feel better that you won without "exploiting" this bug/cheat?
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

Oh,and I managed to finish level 50. Here's a link to my solution - somewhat similar, somewhat different from mr_p's.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Ha! You had to use more repulsors than I had to! [Razz]
camus
Member # 8052

Here's mine. It's quite a bit different than Mr. P and Wonder Dog. Although, I should get extra points for using everything.
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

We get extra points for using more pods? Then I beat mr_p! [Big Grin] camus, your solution looks more elegant than mine - how many retries did it take to refine it?

As a side, one of my favorite tactics was using an attractor in the middle of the goal and a repulsor behind the cannon to straight-shot through some of the early levels.

LargeTuna
Member # 10512

[Big Grin] I beat 50. YAY!!!! [Big Grin]
[Party] [Hat] now i can get on with my life!!!
[The Wave] [Taunt]
[The Wave] [Laugh]

MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

Do the rules change partway through? How are you all going through the walls?
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

The walls start moving, so while it looks like we went through walls, we didn't.
rollainm
Member # 8318

I still can't get 50. [Frown]
camus
Member # 8052

quote:
how many retries did it take to refine it?

I spent a large portion of Wednesday afternoon trying a setup that was very similar to mph's, but then when he posted his I figured I would try to find a different approach.

With level 50 my biggest problem had been when starting the level over and trying to position all of the pods in exactly the same places as before, which had never been a problem in the earlier levels because they never took more than a couple of retries. But once I figured a way around that, it went pretty quickly. It still took probably ten retries after starting the new approach.

quote:
As a side, one of my favorite tactics was using an attractor in the middle of the goal and a repulsor behind the cannon to straight-shot through some of the early levels.
Yeah, that is a fun solution that I did once or twice. I even tried starting out with a repulsor behind the cannon on level 50 when I decided to change my setup to differ from mph, but it seemed to mess up the timing.
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

Bug: if you fire shots after u finish, and click next level when the shots are in motion, those shots keep going and can travel through walls.
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
I stopped at around level 25 cause my laptop was about to die. Maybe I'll try later.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.