FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Pretty Weird

Author Topic: Pretty Weird
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Attached to my computer is this blue cable thing, it looks small and unimpressive. Yet some how, it’s connecting me to the outside world in such a way that I have continuous weather reports, news updates, and endless access to information and social networking. Weird.

Just thought I’d mention that, it’s been a while since that’s occurred to me.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get to E-mail on your mission?
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Yes. At public places for 30 minutes. Of which I normally used about 10 since I discovered that if I sent people e-mails, I got e-mail responses and if I sent handwritten letters I at least got mail.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I know what you mean. I would sometimes use E-mail for people who I couldn't rely on to write back, although I would usually wait until I sent three letters unanswered.

So, where was it that you went?

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

Spokane, Washington. Eastern Washinton and Northern Idaho.

Hobbes [Smile]

MEC
Member # 2968

Awesome, I had a few companions from that area, specifically Orofino ID, Lewiston ID, and one of the tri-cities WA.
Hobbes
Member # 433

Good chance I know the one from Orofino, I served there for 4.5 months and it's not exactly a giant place.

Hobbes [Smile]

MEC
Member # 2968

Well then, did you happen to meet a David Watkins? He went home last christmas eve.
Hobbes
Member # 433

Yes, I know him, I was there for his homecoming.

Hobbes [Smile]

MEC
Member # 2968

That's awesome. He was one interresting companion, he had a very strong determination. I was the one who sent him home. We served in Craig, covering the northwest corner of Colorado, and a bit of wyoming. We were lucky enogh to help one person to baptism in Steamboat Springs.

So how was his talk? I should probably write to him, I haven't in awhile.

Hobbes
Member # 433

Pretty weird there too, since I'm currently in Colorado, it's my home here.

His talk was fine, I don't remember it too well.

Hobbes [Smile]

MEC
Member # 2968

Awesome, I love Colorado, so where exactly are you there?
Hobbes
Member # 433

Boulder.

Hobbes [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.