FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hall of Fame inductions

Author Topic: Hall of Fame inductions
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else watch these?

I was bawling half the time. Some awesome speeches by some awesome guys-- it was a great night for the NFL and its fans.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JumboWumbo
Member # 10047

- posted      Profile for JumboWumbo   Email JumboWumbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention Tony Gwyn's speech a week prior (I'm from San Diego so I was all over that).

I did watch a bit of it, though I was busy at the time. I missed Irvin's speech entirely, which I was looking forward to.

Posts: 213 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Irvin's speech was one for the ages, perhaps the best of the night on a night full of emotional moments. He was very candid about his flaws and his failings but had a message for all who were burdened by their shortcomings: "Look Up. Get Up... Don't ever Give Up."

The Dallas Cowboys have an article on his speech at www.dallascowboys.com and I'm sure there's video of it on their multimedia page.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I was supposed to be there this weekend for the game. Stupid job and money.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. I thought you were talking about MLB and Cal Ripken, Jr.

Has the preseason started already?!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Starts tonight. [Smile]

I only caught the introductions - then it was time to tune in for the Packers' Family Fun night, which we saw in Michigan.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.