FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jake, my Cardigan Corgi, on National Geographic Explorer

Author Topic: Jake, my Cardigan Corgi, on National Geographic Explorer
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
The episode is "Explorer: The Science of Dogs"

It re-airs this Wednesday evening on the National Geographic Channel, but you'll have to check your local listings for the exact time.

They filmed him at the Chicago International Kennel Club Dog show this past Spring. At that point, I had to sign a waiver saying they could use him, but didn't know if they actually would. Well they did! I've only seen the last 2/3rds of the show at this point, because I started watching it in the middle, because it looked interesting, not realizing that it was the actual show they'd been filming him for.

They don't talk about Corgis directly that I heard, more about dog genetics and the like (although it was interesting stuff). He pops up once right after they talk about canine DNA, in the middle of the program, and then they use him again at the very end, he's one of the last dogs you see on the screen.

Anyway I'm very proud.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't skip this joke even if I've already said it to you this week.

Yay another occasion to say "I slept with that dog!"

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

you did [Wink] But I know what you mean.
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I checked iTunes when you pinged me about this, but I didn't see this episode on there. At least not yet--there's often a delay between when episodes air on broadcast and when they become available on iTunes. I'll keep my eye out for it, because I'd love to see it. [Smile]
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I just called National Geographic, and they don't know themselves when it will be released to DVD, because I know I want a copy of the episode...

AJ

zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I've always meant to ask you something. Do Corgis make good pets if you have young children? Especially rather energetic young boys?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.