FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » You guys! You guys!

Author Topic: You guys! You guys!
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I woke up this morning and realized that Michael left a Nintendo Wii on my kitchen counter!

[Party]

I have a Wii! Okay! What games do I need! Who else has one and can give me pointers!

HOLY CRAP A WII! [Big Grin]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Not planning to give it back, then?

[Edit: Ok, I'm slow. You mean he left it on purpose, don't you. [Embarrassed] ]

[ August 26, 2007, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
My wii was stolen last weekend. I'm thinking Michael has some splanin' to do.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!! pH has got a wii [Smile]
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was going to be a thread about The Electric Company.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
We like to play "Legend of Zelda" and "Mario Party 8." The new Guitar Hero for the Wii comes out sometime in October.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

But seriously, pH, Raymond's Raving Rabbids is quite a bit of fun. I'd recommend picking it up.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpSquared
Member # 10890

- posted      Profile for EmpSquared           Edit/Delete Post 
Play Wii Sports until the new Smash Bros. comes out. Or Resident Evil IV, or Super Paper Mario, or Warioware. Trauma Center: Second Opinion is also a pretty cool experience, what with how it uses the Wiimote. You perform surgeries on people and use the remote ad a scalpel, or a laser, or a salve-applicant. And you slow down time.

It depends on what you like, really. It's just that the Wii hasn't had one of those genre-changing titles yet. But the Wii is also accessible.

Posts: 368 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what kind of game are you interested in? I would definitely reccomend using Wii Sports to acclimatize yourself to the control scheme (there should be a free copy with your Wii.)
Metacritic has a list of the most highly reviewed games on the system. You can read a description. If you have any questions, or need any specific reccomendations, go ahead and ask.

Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
The kids liked a weird thing called Rayman Raving Rabbids. It has these evil rabbit things that dance and scream in a demented way. I found it amusing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayman_Raving_Rabbids

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
My wii was stolen last weekend. I'm thinking Michael has some splanin' to do.

That kind of sucks. How'd it get stolen? Was it in your house at the time?
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool that Michael got you a wii. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
But seriously...

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

Ah, missed that the first time through.
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
The but seriously was for the game recommendation. . . his Wii really was stolen.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

Now I don't know what to believe, where are some helpful republicans or Stephen Colbert when you need them.
Noemon
Member # 1115

My wii really was stolen. I just didn't think that Michael (well, pH's Michael, anyway) was connected to it.

I was out of town for the weekend, and at some point between Saturday evening and Sunday at 9:45 someone broke in through a window in my kitchen. They had some juice, peeled the socks off their hands (I know this because they left the socks balled up in a mug on my kitchen counter, along with some radical environmentalist stickers) and set to work ransacking my place. They didn't actually steal all that much--just my wii, wii accessories, wii games, gamecube games, my laptop (which was hidden under my bed) and about $50 worth of change. They were very thorough in their search for stuff, though. Drawers were emptied out, suitcases opened, pockets gone through--you name it, they searched it. Messily. They then broke out through a pair of French doors that they were able to wrench open. The silver lining was that my cat wasn't hurt, and didn't jump out the broken window (they closed the french doors after themselves, and while she could have pawed them open, she isn't accustomed to thinking of them as something that could be opened).

Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy Crap Pearce. I guess that's like an "I'm sorry" for forgetting IHOP [Smile] I LOOOOVE playing Wii.
Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loren
Member # 9539

- posted      Profile for Loren   Email Loren         Edit/Delete Post 
I've gotta agree about Rayman Raving Rabbids. My little sister and her husband shared that with me when I was visiting, and it was fun. Disturbingly fun.
Posts: 100 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with everyone who suggested Raving Rabbids, I played it at a friends house and I was totally ready to be disappointed by it not being a normal Rayman platformer but it's greeeeeyaate.
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorites:

Raving Rabbids
Zelda
Paper Mario

I'm a little disappointed at the game selection for the Wii, but I've my XBox 360 to keep me occupied while I wait for them to trickle out.

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have a group of friends to play with, Warioware Smooth Moves had me and my siblings laughing so hard our sides hurt, it was a BLAST! But you have to love quick mini games with ubsurd premises and crazy graphics. I really want to try Mario Party 8 for the same reason, though admittedly it's less absurd then Smooth Moves.

If you are playing by yourself and you want something fun/challenging I found Legend of Zelda to be well up to anyone's standards.

Gratz on aquiring a Wii! Have a blast playing it, and keep your fingers crossed for Smash Bros Brawl.

I hope alot of you folks plan on playing that game online!

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Brawl supports online play?

Sweet, I'm totally getting that now.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Noemon, that really sucks about your apartment being broken into. [Frown] Quite apart from the stuff they took, it must be really violating to have that happen. I'm so glad the cat is all right. I'm just sorry this had to happen. That really sucks. [Frown]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Thanks, Tatiana. It did feel really violating, which was something that I'd read about but hadn't completely grokked. I'm surprised, though, at how quickly I've bounced back from it.

Cat Friend met me at the door, so I said hi to her before I even noticed the humidity or walked to a point where I could see broken glass. I'm really glad of that. I'm a little surprised that she didn't cut her paws on the glass that was all over the floor, but happily so (of course).

quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad your cat's okay, too. But getting broken into sucks. [Frown]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy pH has a wii! [Smile]

Sorry Noemon was the victim of burglary! [Frown]

So... Conflicted... [Angst]

(Not trying to make light of your loss, Noemon. It just really does feel weird to be giving condolences under this subject line.)

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] No problem--this thread is about pH getting a wii, which is really cool. My burglary is kind of a side note, in terms of this thread (and honestly, I'm not really terribly torn up about the burglary itself. It threw me for a loop for a little while, but I've pretty much made my peace with it at this point).
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't seem to find the Rabbids game! I really like FPS...but I also love games like Mario. Speaking of which, have any of you played that Paper Mario for Wii? Is it worth getting?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
I like Paper Mario quite a bit. It's easy, even for a Mario game, but it's pretty true to its heritage.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.