FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gay Unions Sanctioned in Medieval Europe (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gay Unions Sanctioned in Medieval Europe
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Squick -

Shouldn't the rules for marriage and child rearing be separate? What about single parents? They should get every benefit that married couples get when it comes to kids.

I'd say two sets of rules, one for Parents, and one for Married Couples. And they can overlap as they will.

I'd agree with scholar, that two half time parents would be best, but I don't see how that'd be possible, unless government mandates that jobs allow parents to work from home. There are a LOT more jobs now a days that allow people to work from home, far more than there ever used to be, but I don't see how something like that could me mandated. The only thing I could see would be a partnership between government and business to try and match up at home job openings with parents who want them.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.