FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Doctor Who Series 4 / DVD of series 3

Author Topic: Doctor Who Series 4 / DVD of series 3
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Who can't wait for them? Series 3 was incredible, easily the best so far. It just keeps getting better and better, so I suspect that series 4 will be even better.

PS: David Tennant is man-hot.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, I still kinda prefer the Eccleston Doctor.
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*must resist snark*

*success*

Anyways! wtf the Titanic!? Yargh! Ho0w!? WHAT!? Why? What? WHat!? What!? What!?

What!? How!? Is that possible!?

*will die to suspence prior to christmas*

Who wants to geuss that the Titanic was sunk due to hitting not an iceberg but the TARDIS?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still on season 2, actually. Still getting used to the new doctor. I liked the one from the first season and was disappointed that he ended up only going 1 year.
Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

I think when you see season 3 that you will begin to prefer Tennant.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Tennant really improved between the 2nd and 3rd seasons. I don't know if it's because they're putting the doctor himself in more danger instead of being the savior all the time, but I think he's been more than up to the job.

I miss Eccleston sometimes, but not at often as I did at the beginning of season 2.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
My sister and I are finishing series 1 this weekend and we know what's coming. It's seriously depressing that we're going to lose Eccleston, whom we love so very very much...but we're willing to brave our way through series 2 and 3. [Frown]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I really usually hate when characters get replaced, but I have turned out to love both David Tennant and Freema Agyeman. It's sad when Nine and Rose leave, but it didn't ruin the show like replacements usually do for me.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I was checking out the Dr. Who Wiki article a while back, and they have pictures of all the guys who've played the Doctor. As much as I loved Eccleston's take on him, I found myself humming the "One of these things doesn't belong" tune from Seasame Street. He really doesn't look like anyone else who's played the part. Tennet just seems to fit better.

Here's to next weekend when they play the end of the two parter! I missed the changeover from Rose to Martha, but I'm loving her in the last few I've caught. Martha just has a lot of spunk and a great sense of humor.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
I think when you see season 3 that you will begin to prefer Tennant.

He is good, but I have seen all of them so far, and I prefer Eccleston.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Oy! Some of you are people who didn't watch them online and are still in the middle of series 3. All I am gonna say is that the finale is incredible, fantastic, unbelievable, etc.
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
The BBC have issued a press release on the future of the show (since the prodution team are swapping with newbies after season 4).

Basically, they're taking a year off - with only three episodes in 2009 - and then coming back with a proper season in 2010. Which is annoying. [Frown]

But at least David Tennant is sticking around for another year. [Smile]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.