FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The forum spams when I'm slightly away

Author Topic: The forum spams when I'm slightly away
BritneyBeastS
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
<Removed link.>

Ketchupqueen for the win by 15 seconds over an anonymous whistler (said person did not post).

--PJ

[ September 11, 2007, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: Papa Janitor ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
whistled!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
(Did I actually win one?)
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
so ... unbearably ... clossssseeee ...

*passes out from the emotion

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
And here I thought this was going to be a thread on how ridiculous her performance was at the VMA's.

Not only was she obviously lip synching, but at one point she stopped mouthing the words and the singing just kept on going. She still had quite a bit of pregnancy chub, which isn't a bad thing, but given the kind of performances she tends to do, she might not want to wear a skin tight lingerie looking outfit while male supermodel dancer guys grope the crap out of her. And like the newspeople have been saying, the choreography really did look like something a nursing home activities coordinator would come up with. It was lethargic and goofy. Plus the song she was lip synching to SUCKED.

I didn't actually watch the VMAs, I gave up on awards shows a long time ago, but I heard so many people talking about it that I went looking for it on Youtube. For a "comeback" performance, I think all she did was prove that she's done and out of it for good.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
Hah I thought the same thing Lyr, even though I only know about the bad performance from a friend's LJ post.
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a funny article about it from the AV Club's The Hater.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Not only was she obviously lip synching...

[Eek!]

Say it ain't so, Brit!

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well I mean she could have at least faked it better. Being a song she recorded in the studio, you'd think she'd at least know the words to it, instead of being on stage with her voiceover in the background while she looks like she can't find her car in a crowded parking lot.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - that was embarrassing to watch. Fashion tip for people who go onstage: The microphone pack does not look good attached to your underwear. And don't forget to actually wear clothes when you go onstage.

Not being a man, I can't be sure, but was there anything sexy at all about her appearance? To me the whole thing was sad. And, of course, embarrassing.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CaySedai:
Not being a man, I can't be sure, but was there anything sexy at all about her appearance?

I think she looks and looked sexy, but I can't say I found the context very sexy at all so it just feels aggressive and weird.
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CaySedai:
Wow - that was embarrassing to watch. Fashion tip for people who go onstage: The microphone pack does not look good attached to your underwear. And don't forget to actually wear clothes when you go onstage.

Not being a man, I can't be sure, but was there anything sexy at all about her appearance? To me the whole thing was sad. And, of course, embarrassing.

Why do you need a microphone pack if you do not turn on the microphone?
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Purely decorative.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.