FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » First Tattoo (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First Tattoo
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
Back hair doesn't need a tattoo to make it sexy.

I'm set!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I was surprised to come back from work to discover this thread was on its second page since this morning when it had 7 posts or something.

Just to touch on the subject of beauty, I've never had a problem with body modification. Its nothing I've seen as detracting from a person's beauty. So many of us do it on small levels whether its piercing our ears, dying our hair, tanning, or adding/losing weight. For me, beauty is what I make of it. The body I have is a result of genes I did not ask for. I love my body but at the same time, my inner beauty is more important and therefore, I take a certain level of enjoyment in controlling my appearance. I now have a part of my body that isn't just a collection of untanned skin cells but beautiful artwork which means alot to me.

I think its pretty and as my opinion is the one I have to live with, I'm proud of my choice. Just as I'm proud of people who don't get tattoos. As long as we don't judge each other based on an relative sense of beauty, its all good!

For as long as I suffer from anxiety, this tattoo will give me strength and be a reminder that I am capable of making decisions, being strong and independent. And if I am able to one day overcome my anxiety, then this tattoo will be a reminder of how precious my life is.

Besides, with proper care, I've have seen some OLD tattoos that still look wonderful with the occasional touch-up.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

- posted      Profile for landybraine   Email landybraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Shanna, you have completly stated exactly what I feel. Very good post.

((Shanna))

(edited to give hugs...I'm still in a hugging mood [Big Grin] )

Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
Jux,
Plus, that one is rectangular. The tattoo artist would need to make it transition into your body a little better. Not that it's not a great picture, but not all great pictures translate to greate tattoos.

Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.