FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Happy Birthday Bob & John!

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Bob & John!
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
One year ago today, at 7:48 am John Paul Scopatz was born on his daddy’s birthday. It’s been quite a year. Here is a picture of John from a few weeks ago. He’s not nearly as red and slimey as he was last year. And Bob’s not getting nearly as cool a present this birthday. But the party should still be fun, and the dinner will definitely be better.

Many happy returns to my birthday boys!

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
landybraine
Member # 10807

- posted      Profile for landybraine   Email landybraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday to both! [Party]
Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
*laughs* "He's not nearly as red and slimey." Yeah, just don't let him play in the strawberry jello. [Big Grin] (Oh! He's sooo cute!)

Happy birthday!

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
How precious! Happy birthday!

[Party]

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, Scopatzes. [Smile]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
He's gorgeous! John, that is. I'm sure you are too, Bob! Happy Birthday to both of you, and happy celebration day to dkw as well. Somehow I don't think it ever registered with me that he was born on Bob's birthday!
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
What a cutie!

Happy birthday to you both!

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday! I'd forgotten he was born on Bob's birthday.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy, happy birthday Scopatz boys~
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday Bob and John!

And that John is a cutie, no doubt about it.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday both of you
I can not think, of another
Word to rhyme with the word You.

Many happy returns to the father and the son.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday to the Scoptazi! [Party]

That's a great photo of John. He looks so happy! [Big Grin]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday to both of you from the Ketchup family!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, they carry on a proud tradition of relatives sharing today as a birthday! (Bilbo and Frodo were both born on September 22nd.)
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Two years ago when mom couldn't remember when Bob's birthday was I told her to consult the first chapter of Fellowship. [Big Grin]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday to all the boys! Frodo, Bilbo, Bob and John. [Smile] What a great day it must have been!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Cake Picture! (Showing off krabbypatty's mad skilz.)
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday to both Scopatz fellas! John Paul is so adorable that I think I lost consciousness for a minute when I saw his picture. I love his haircut.

That is an amazing cake. I can't even begin to imagine how krabbypatty made it. It certainly puts Aerin's store-bought cake to shame.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
He is gorgeous! Makes me want another one.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

He is gorgeous! Makes me want another one.

Agree with the first part. Not with the second. [Razz]

Happy birthday to both Scopatz men!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a CAKE? How does (did, I suppose, since I assume it's been eaten) it stand up??

Happy Two Days After Your Birthdays!

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to know which part the first slice came from. Obviously you'd have to start at the top, right?

If you did cut from the top, you'd be left with the legs and feet.

Did you happen to take pictures of the cake being sliced?

Oh come on Belle, you wouldn't even notice one more child running around your house.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations on successfully helping the Scopatz men negotiate another year! May you repeat the feat many many more times!
[Big Grin]

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Many Happy Returns! (For John, anyway....God knows how many Bob could handle.... [Wink] )
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

Mom cut chunks out of the back first, so that the front stayed cute for the people who came over later. It had a heavy wooden dowel up the center and a cardboard circle between every-other layer of cake so it held up okay.

The legs and the part of the tail from the butt to the board that it's standing on are wood, making a three legged platform that the cake is sitting on.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.