FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'll be the first to say it

Author Topic: I'll be the first to say it
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
Bwwaaa!!!!------------------------------>
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

For a brief, terrifying period, the google ads were moved to the right side of the page.
Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I cried a little inside.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
I'll be the first to say it

By the forum date stamps, you and Kat tied.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
He was the first to say "Bwwaaa!!!!", though.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a heads up for anybody who's not aware--those ads are pay-per-click.

Which doesn't mean to click on them every time they come up, because they'll consider Hatrack as comitting Fraud and suspend their account, but if you see one that interests you, go for it. Hatrack will get paid a few cents even if you decide not to get whatever they're peddling.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

Now that I've said that, I hope you all aren't getting the same ad for this page I'm getting.
Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Mayo communications?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

I am apprehensive of any button that wants me to push it as hard as that one seems to.
docmagik
Member # 1131

What's funny, squick, is that now that you've actually used the words in the ad, and it would make sense for it to be there, now I'm getting something else.
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
At least the button is easy to find.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by MrSquicky:
I am apprehensive of any button that wants me to push it as hard as that one seems to.

This made me laugh out loud. I'm glad the ads are gone. I never see ads on hatrack, thank goodness!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I've clicked on a banner ad since 1998.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
I don't think I've clicked on a banner ad since 1998.

Not even "Tase the gnome for low rates?"
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Nope.
In fact, it's such a foreign concept to me that I occasionally find myself imagining what sort of life is led by a banner-ad-clicker. Presumably there are multiple types: the soccer mom whose toddler has just hit the Enter key, the elderly grandmother with poor eyesight who mistakes "Click Here!" for a system dialog, the curious and impulsive teenager who hasn't yet discovered Digg, the compulsive gambler....

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Not even "Shoot the 'Gangzta' for a free Ipod"????

Not even the jumping "you are the 10,000,000th viewer you win click here no we are serious really no lie"????????????

These are all potentially believable but nobody has resisted the one where you have to click a button to beat the fratboy in a chugging contest and win an xbox so you are lying to us

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any ads on my screen. I'm confused.

Have I ever had ads?

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen children who will search for the "shoot this many squirrels" and "smash this many pumpkins" type ads just for doing whatever they want you to. It's actually rather sad.

The ones I really hate are the ones that expand over the website you're viewing, especially moving ones.

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.