FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » To Morbo:

Author Topic: To Morbo:
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Does your name happen to be a Futurama reference? Forgive me for asking, but it sounds like it.
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo, if you look in this thread please email me or something. I have some books for you. My personality type will not allow me to go to Africa until I've given them to you. [Big Grin]
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

Such a clever hijacking.
Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Sorry *blush* I was going to start such a thread, but you already had. So.

And I do believe Morbo began posting under a different user name. Then he registered Morbo and began posting *in character* as Morbo from Futurama. ("I will destroy you!") THEN there was a thread in which everyone tried to guess who was behind the Morbo persona (because it was soooo funny). When we finally found out, few people recognized the name because he posted much more visibly as Morbo.

He went to a couple of the WenchCons and is a super guy. [Big Grin] I happen to owe him a set of the Homecoming books as a part of a WenchCon book exchange.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

Ahh. I wish I had seen all the in character stuff!

And don't worry, I wasn't upset at all that you posted that info here. What more useful place, ne?

Olivet
Member # 1104

*cough*

Still have the books...

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's a Futurama reference. And I'm very psyched that there will be, supposedly, new episodes and a straight-to-DVD movie! [Big Grin]

Olivet is tactfully leaving out some drama about that "Guess Morbo" thread game. [Blushing]

A whole set is owed me? I have vague memories of the book exchange so I'll take your word. You're not moving to Africa permanently are you Olivet? [Cry]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

No, probably not, and not before the end of the year. My hubby is back from there now, but he'll have at least one more trip before he brings us over. Even if we don't go, we need to clean out our vast reserves of books and stuff, because one way or another we want to move. [Smile]

I think the original agreement was for Memory of Earth or whichever one was first in the series, but I still have at least the first two or three, if not the whole thing. I'd rather give them to you than pass them to some cold, lonely used book store.

0Megabyte
Member # 8624

Yes. Actually, I think the new episodes are just cut up pieces of the four straight to DVD movies. lol

I could be wrong, though, Morbo.

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh, I just looked it up and your right: the new episodes are pieces of 4 movies. I thought it was 2 different projects.

quote:
from wikipedia on Futurama: In February 2007, Groening clarified speculation as to whether Futurama had been revived in episodic or feature-film form, saying "[The crew is] writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes."
That editing process sounds a little odd. I hope the episodes make sense.

Oh well, as long as it's new Futurama material I'm happy.

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.