FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Supportive partner

Author Topic: Supportive partner
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's what I call a supportive partner. For weeks, she's been bugging me about my weight. Last week, I actually started doing something about it. Right now, as I type this, she's downstairs making a cake.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
*small voice* Cake sounds yummy.

--

Oh, I'm going to hell.

Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
? Shes bugging you that your too thin?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tara
Member # 10030

- posted      Profile for Tara   Email Tara         Edit/Delete Post 
No... that she needs to lose.

I think "supportive" was sarcastic.

Posts: 930 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny. I never was big on cake, and I had never dieted until a few years ago. My wife and I went on the South Beach diet and after about a week or two of that there was no food in the world that sounded tastier to me than chocolate cake. I'm back to eating less sensibly now and cake has returned to being "meh".

Just thought I'd share.

Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I always found getting really really sick does wonders for my weight. Especially if the illness involves the gastrointestinal tract.

A close relative of mine got down under 100 lbs that way once. (of course, as soon as they fixed it she gained it all back.)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattP
Member # 10495

- posted      Profile for MattP   Email MattP         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, nothing likes the Crohns Disease Diet. My wife and brother-in-law stay pretty thin.
Posts: 3275 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I also think that any illness which seriously affects the sense of smell (e.g., bad head cold) is smashing for weight loss. Honestly, I expect that will be a diet target for the future.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread has an ad for Madonna's childrens books.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

quote:
Originally posted by Tara:
No... that she needs to lose.

I think "supportive" was sarcastic.

Oh. I forgot one of the cardinal rules of the Internet. SDNWOTN (Sarcasm Does Not Work On The Net). My bad.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saephon
Member # 9623

- posted      Profile for Saephon   Email Saephon         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Blayne made a really vague attempt at flattery that went over all of our heads. Or would it be under [Razz]
Posts: 349 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
What makes you think that she was going to offer you any cake? [Razz]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

She put it out this morning for breakfast. I had a small bowl of Rice Krispies and a banana, with that stupid cake sitting right next to me.
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
It's kind of like those women's magazines that have "Lose 15 lbs by Thanksgiving" emblazoned across the picture of a two-layer chocolate cake.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Chocolate cake with laxatives, doy!
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brojack17
Member # 9189

- posted      Profile for brojack17   Email brojack17         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Pixiest:
I always found getting really really sick does wonders for my weight. Especially if the illness involves the gastrointestinal tract.

There's nothing better than the tapeworm diet.
Posts: 1766 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
The cake is a lie!
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rav
Member # 7595

- posted      Profile for rav           Edit/Delete Post 
./` But there is no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep trying until you run out of cake! ./`
Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite diet is the Pinched Sciatic Nerve diet. I have to lie on my back for days on end, and it hurts too much to crawl to the kitchen for snacks! I lose at least 10 pounds every time!
Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I left the cake out in the rain.

And I can't seem to be able to locate the recipe to make another.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I think you can make it.
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
rav: dang and I had *just* gotten that song OUT of my head.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like my partner. We've been trying to lose weight so he declared this Oktoberfest week ( I know he's late) and it's meat, potatos and beer every night.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.