FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Boorman and McGregor Go A Long Way Down

Author Topic: Boorman and McGregor Go A Long Way Down
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
The short trailer:

http://www.ivc2.com/longwaydown/index.php?Name=promotrailershort&Type=flv&Size=1

The longer trailer, which contains some profanity but has much more detail:

http://www.ivc2.com/longwaydown/index.php?Name=promotrailerlong&Type=flv&Size=1

Wheeee!

[ November 04, 2007, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Olivet ]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That looks really interesting.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoyed Long Way Round and I'm looking forward to seeing this.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Long Way 'Round was great. If you haven't seen it, you might want to check it out before you see this one.

Even though my fangirl interest in Mr. McGregor has waned considerably, their enthusiasm and childlike sense of adventure is quite appealing.

Also, AFRICA!!!

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
I was also a big fan of Long Way Round, and I love travel shows in general, so I'm pretty excited for this.

Has it already aired? Or is it airing soon? I imagine it will be on at a later date in North America, but there are always torrents. Unfortunately, I can't find any right now.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I think it starts airing in the UK in the next little bit.
Olivet
Member # 1104

Torrents are available for the first episode, and the second episode should be up by tomorrow.

I was puzzled by the first episode's spotty censorship. Early on we had someone speak of being "Happier than the proverbial pig in [bleep]." Then later on there was no bleeping at all, as far as I could tell.

I'm not certain what the rules are for coarse language on TV in the U.S. so of course the British rules are beyond my experience entirely.

In any case, I believe it airs on Sunday evenings in the UK so torrents will be available on Mondays, I suspect.

The first episode was all about the preparation and the first bit of travel. A couple of surprise injuries, and proof that living life in the Western world is more complex than it was (Boorman was detained at the airport for saying "bomb" and the American members of the team couldn't get visas for Libya).

I don't expect to be really interested until they hit Africa.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.