FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Save the Teen Titans!

Author Topic: Save the Teen Titans!
Nightstryker
Member # 11124

- posted      Profile for Nightstryker   Email Nightstryker         Edit/Delete Post 
As of November 2005, the animated show Teen Titans got cancelled! Now, fans are trying to bring it back. Did you like the Titans? Do you read the comics? Would you like some more seasons!? Discuss.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I definetly liked the comic books a lot in Jr high school.

I also bought some. I should probably sell them all though after reading them since I have no dough.

But, I really also like the show even though it's not the same as the comic book.
It made me giggle with the super deforming.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Now one would think that this would have been reported for spam already, but one never knows. The 1 post makes it rather obvious.
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miamiandy
Member # 8906

- posted      Profile for miamiandy   Email miamiandy         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it on occasion it was decent.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JonHecht:
Now one would think that this would have been reported for spam already, but one never knows. The 1 post makes it rather obvious.

Really? A post about Teen Titans is spam? With no link? I don't buy it.

Welcome Nightstryker! I enjoyed the show too.

Unless you really are a spammer...in which case, Jon, have at 'em!

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

Well I reported just in case, the reason that I assume it is spam is that he only made 1 post on the forum, that being this.

Edit: If it isn't spam, then welcome! If it is spam then woot, I win by default of being the only one who reported it.

Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miamiandy
Member # 8906

Good chance it is spam but an interesting post nonetheless. Odds favor spam though.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, this is old news.

Generally, most shows dont' get a second chance at life. Family Guy being the biggest exception I can think of, at least.

Regardless, the show, while alright, lasted a good while, and its end is not something to lament too terribly.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Read the profile. It's not spam.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Fighting an uphill battle on this one.

1. Most cable animated series only order enough episodes to ensure the series has enough to be sold into syndication around the world. It's very rare that this is changed.

2. Most of the people involved in the show have already moved on to the many, many other projects the studio has in the pipeline.

3. The Cartoon Network has been steadily moving away from animation and into live action productions for the past 2-3 years. Note that this Thanksgiving they're having a "special" live action version of their series Ben 10. It's an open secret that if this cheaper, mostly non-action sitcom version of the series is a hit, they intend to move the show fully over to this format. Along with all the other many, many, MANY cheap new live action and recycled live action shows they've purchased. "Cartoon" Network indeed.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
Weren't they making a movie about them?
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

A TT movie was announced spring of this year, but it'll probably be 2010-11 before we see it.

Just my own guess.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

I heard it is meant to be in the vein of the Superman movie, ie more to the comics.
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

The original Superman movie really didn't resemble the comics of the time, though it did end up being an influence to the many revamps Supes has seen over the past two decades.
Itsame
Member # 9712

I meant the superman doomsday movie.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not willing to believe it is spam since he lists Ender and Bean in his interests in his profile.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

I abstain from further judgment until he has more than 1 post. At that point I will concede that I was mistaken.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
It's no different than coming in, posting your first post as a thread about the ender's game movie, realizing that everyone here is going to be mean, and not coming back.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I meant the superman doomsday movie.
When you think of the Teen Titans movie are you talking about the live action TT script in development (which I think is what Puffy thought you meant) or the cartoon of The Judas Contract that the animated depatment is putting out after New Frontier?
Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

There's a live-action TT in development? Woah.
miamiandy
Member # 8906

Never knew that. That might be interesting to watch. We'll have to wait and find out.
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
The show got bad as soon as they brought in that one girl who moves rocks or somithing, i dont realy remember, anyway, before that it was good.
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.