FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » BSG Season 3 dvd's need your help

Author Topic: BSG Season 3 dvd's need your help
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I visited Amazon.com once again to check the status of Galactica Season 3 dvd's and they have this new blurb up:

"Availability: NOT YET RELEASED: The studio is currently not producing this title, but to be notified when it is available, enter your e-mail address at right. You'll also be voting for this release; we'll let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title. "

I'm ticked off. They kept putting it off month after month and now they aren't going to do it at all?
grrrrr! [Mad]

I guess if you've not done it yet go to Amazon and put in your email!
[Smile]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats strange. I bought mine a month or so ago. I guess it came out here before the states.
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
UK?
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

Ireland. [Smile]

We usually get things ages after you guys but Lost season 3 is out here a while too. Don't know why though.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
There's no way they're not going to release BSG S3 on DVD. It's just a matter of when.

From what I've heard, they may be waiting until right before S4 starts airing, which, according to the LA Times, won't be until April.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

I think Sci-fi is showing absolutely no consideration for the fans. Pushing the premier date back that far is completely unfair and if they decide to air the remaining episodes in 2009 there'll be war. WAR!! > [Frown]
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

Hear hear!
Damn those Atlanta suits!

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Damien.m:
I think Sci-fi is showing absolutely no consideration for the fans. Pushing the premier date back that far is completely unfair and if they decide to air the remaining episodes in 2009 there'll be war. WAR!! > [Frown]

That's not exactly new news. They've been taking us for granted and jerking us around for months, if not years. But with them having the goods, and us being the sci fi junkies, there isn't much we can do about it, except I suppose refuse to buy their DVDs or refuse to watch new shows on their channel until they start playing fair.

But likely we're just along for the ride. Studio execs don't care about viewers, or apparently their own writers, they only care about their salaries and their bottom line. And if that isn't the truth, they've done nothing to indicate that from where I'm sitting.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Selran
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Selran   Email Selran         Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, it may be time to invest in a region free DVD player.
Posts: 212 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
You can actually download the season from Amazon Unbox. I did, it was nice to see them all, and a hold-me-over until the actual DVDs are released.

I suppose you could probably burn the WMV files to a DVD too if you have a burner.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish they'd release a month or two in advance of the next season. You can't use the DVDs to get caught up/fired up if they don't release it in time.
Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarrsk
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Tarrsk           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if the April rescheduling is a result of the WGA strike? I know that Ron Moore is in the picket line, as is Jane Espenson.
Posts: 1321 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know. SciFi might be hedging its bets by saving BSG to fill in any potential gaps in programming, should the strike persist.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.