FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Car Crash

Author Topic: Car Crash
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
My Future Wife and I have been dating for about 5 years now. Sadly, I haven't met all of her family. This is about some of her Family in NC.

She has an uncle that used to live up in Ohio. She lived with Ryan for several years and they became almost like brother and Sister. Ryan is now married and has two children: Delaynie and Tatum. He and his wife have already lost a child. Tatum is 8 years old, and Delaynie is just over a year.

On their way to or from school today (the details aren't real clear) Their grandmother, Janet, was driving them. Janet pulled out in front of a truck, and was hit. Tatum has Lacerations and bruises, which they are hoping doesn't result in internal bleeding. Now for the really bad news. Delaynie has a fractured skull and is experiencing swelling. The doctors need to reduce the swelling or else they will need to go in and operate.

I don't know how many of you believe in prayer, but any prayers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much, Hatrack.

Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Of course.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
How awful! [Frown] I really hope that everything will turn out ok and that you and your fiance and her family will be comforted.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awful. I will keep you and your extended family in my thoughts.
Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
They definitely have my prayers.
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I hope she does well, adfectio.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miamiandy
Member # 8906

- posted      Profile for miamiandy   Email miamiandy         Edit/Delete Post 
Wish good luck with the surgery and my thoughts are with them.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RackhamsRazor
Member # 5254

- posted      Profile for RackhamsRazor   Email RackhamsRazor         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts and prayers are with you
Posts: 306 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers for the whole family.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

- posted      Profile for cassv746   Email cassv746         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by adfectio:
My Future Wife and I have been dating for about 5 years now. Sadly, I haven't met all of her family. This is about some of her Family in NC.

I'm the before mentioned future wife. As of now all the details I have is their grandmother managed to pull out in front of a dump truck. How you don't see a dump truck I'm not really sure. But my grandparents are going to be making the drive down there tomorrow morning/afternoon. I've been told they'll know a lot more by this time tomorrow.

Thanks for all the prayers, this just puts into perspective how fragile life really is.

Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

They did an x-ray on Delaynie's head, and the doctors didn't see any bleeding. I still don't know about the swelling, but the simple fact that there is no bleeding in the brain is a great relief for many of us. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It's amazing how much God will do for us and all we have to do is ask.

Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

The latest:

Delaynie is still in the hospital, they are making sure she has no internal bleeding, there was only a stress fracture to the skull and apparently she had a blood clot but itt took care of itself. Tatum and her grand mother were released today. Paramedics said the scene of the accident looked like a for sure fatality their grandmother was cited but she said the truck flew around the curve too fast. So keep praying and hopefully Delaynie can come home soon!

Thanks again. It's really helped.

Posts: 106 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear everything is going ok. Hope it stays that way [Smile]
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tatum and her grand mother were released today.
That's very good news.

We continue to pray for Delaynie.

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cassv746
Member # 11173

I just heard from my uncle again. With amazing news. They are all home. Delaynie had no internal bleeding. The only problem that now remains is the psychological well being of the girls. Tatum doesn't want to go anywhere near that road again. Hopefully they'll both make a full and complete recovery! Thank you again. All the Prayer's helped.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That's wonderful, cassv! So glad to hear they're all right. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful!! I'm so glad everyone seems to be doing so well! I hope they'll all be able to heal quickly from the psychological effects as well as the physical ones. [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.