FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What I want in the gift exchange: It's good to start sending gifts. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What I want in the gift exchange: It's good to start sending gifts.
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't think disney would be good for you icarus, don't you have it all?
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by breyerchic04:
I wouldn't think disney would be good for you icarus, don't you have it all?

You can't have it all. There is so much variety, I doubt highly that you could possibly buy me anything, randomly, that I already have. They also are constantly changing out their merchandise. Disneyana is an excellent gift for me. (Though I don't want anyone to think it has to be Disney.)
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Do you have everything horse-related? [Smile]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Almost.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose I should add that I am not LDS, so alcohol, coffee and/or tea are great. [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Mmmm. Alcohol is great for me. Coffee and tea are less appreciated. And when it comes to food . . . you know, food may simply not be the best gift for me.
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Colors: earth tones
interests: reading, early religions, alternative medicine, nature, anthropology, local legend/folklore, acoustic music, microbrews.
no allergies

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 

Favorite colors: Red. Also greens and blues. I am always on the look-out for things that are red and green but don't look Christmassy. Real colors. No pastels.

Interests: Scottish dance. Reading. Britcoms. Bicycling. Needlework. Cooking. Classic rock, celtic rock, Broadway (I enjoy other music as well, but those are the ones I find myself listening to most often). Storytelling. History. Severed hands. Old movies. Singing.

Allergies: None.

Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eisenoxyde
Member # 7289

- posted      Profile for Eisenoxyde           Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite color: gray
Interests: cute girls, music, homemade things, stuff from your area
Allergies: none, but I am LDS so all that fun stuff

Posts: 175 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark as night
Member # 9577

- posted      Profile for Dark as night   Email Dark as night         Edit/Delete Post 

Favorite colors: blue, orange, maroon.

Interests: music (I love ethnic music: African, Celtic, Scandinavian, etc.), travel, piano, cooking, reading. I would love homemade/regional stuff!

Allergies: none, but I am LDS, so the usual goes...

Posts: 155 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

It is absolutely against the rules to send cute girls. Or any girls. You may only hand deliver.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Drat. I have two cute girls who are driving me crazy tonight. You think the P.O. won't accept them?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Colors: everything except yellow (yes I know I'm weird)
Interests: food, books, knitting, needlework, other craft stuff, nature, piano, art. I agree with the regional/handmade stuff as being awesome [Smile]
Allergies: I'm allergic to furry animals so please don't send me a kitty or a puppy [Smile]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

You can send me a kitty.

Of course, my wife is allergic, so she'd probably throw me out of the house. And how would that make you feel?! Not too good, I'd wager.

Other fanaticisms of mine are football, and particularly the Miami Dolphins and Miami Hurricanes, baseball, and particularly the New York Yankees and Miami Hurricanes, and the Miami Heat. I like relatively recent history--like twentieth century or later. I like memoirs of people connected to things I already like (there's that written word thing again!). I am also into musical theatre.

I'm not doing my sender any favors, by posting all of this in separate posts! [Evil]

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: greens, all except lime and neon
Interests: theatre, books, fairy decorations, things with suns and moons on them, christmas things
Allergies: none

[Smile] i'm pretty easy going -- in the past i've gotten an original short story, gift cards to a pet store ( i have cats), and make-your-own chili mix, among other things. Dan_Raven also got me two years running, but he is an awesome gift-giver, so no complaints [Wink]

[ November 16, 2007, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: jewel tones - royal blue, garnet, plum, amethyst purple, and so on.

Favorite scents: mostly food-related like vanilla, cinnamon, but also fresh scents like rain-something, fresh linen, that type. Maybe ocean-something (can't remember specific scents - you get the idea) but not florals - they are usually too heavy.

No allergies, but I'm LDS. Flavored hot chocolates are good (but no cayenne pepper please - I'm still not ready for that [Wink] )

Reading interests: science fiction and fantasy mostly. Some mysteries - usually thematic such as the Diane Mott Davidson (MC is a caterer) or Lillian Jackson Braun (Siamese cats). I just read "A Tail of Two Murders" by Melissa Cleary, which looks like the beginning of a series, so any of those would be welcome. That was written in 1992, so they could probably be found in a used book store.

More about me: I'm a 46-year-old mother of two daughters (14 and 11). I've been married nearly 25 years. We have 2 cats and 4 guinea pigs. I work at a newspaper as a copy editor/paginator. I enjoy playing Kingdom of Loathing, Sims2 (I've got most of the expansion packs) and mah jong games. I'm not terribly organized ... or maybe I should say I am terribly organized, as in my organization skills are terrible. [Wink]

I like to scrapbook, but it's one of the things I procrastinate. I like colored pens, journals and notebooks. My hair and eyes are dark brown, my ears are pierced but I usually don't wear earrings. I like kitschy Christmas jewelry (and other kitschy stuff). I have a couple of Christmas necklaces that have a large jingle bell with decorations.

I don't have any real collections of anything specific. I do have one Willow Tree figurine and would like more.

I would be glad to answer specific questions sent to my Gmail account through a third party if my gifter is stumped or needs clarification. I may add more to this if I think of something. My aim is to give my gifter an idea of what I'm like and let them use their best judgment. I've been pretty lucky so far in what I've gotten.

Edited to add: My T-shirt size is 3X-4X, depending on where it's purchased. (Wal-Mart has moved their sizes up - what used to be 3X [26W-28W] is now 4X) So I wear 26W-28W or sometimes 30W-32W. In case my gifter wants to send me a T-shirt. (I'm bringing this up because I might want to send a T-shirt to my giftee, and having sizes listed will help others.)

I like Mary Engelbreit stuff. And Heartwood Creek (which I didn't know the name of, but finally figured out how to Google it.)

[ November 18, 2007, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: CaySedai ]

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 

Favorite colors: they're all good.

Interests: letsee... science experiments, boardgames, comics, farming, new SF/fantasy, baseball, singing, dark chocolate.

Allergies: perfume/strong scents, jazz, opera, hiphop, rap, New Age music.

I like random stuff and local stuff, I've always liked anything I've gotten through the gift exchange. Maui babe sent me a bunch of neat Hawaiian stuff last year, though she only sent a small jar of that awesome tropical jelly instead of a whole bucket, hmff.

Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anti_maven
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for anti_maven   Email anti_maven         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: uff, no one colour, but nothing too flourescent.
Interests: Mountains, SF, history (old maps, priceless manuscripts etc...), music (from industrial-thrash-punk to bluegrass to medieval madrigals and everything in between), I also love cheap folk instruments.
Allergies: None, well except turpentine, but it's tricky to mail, so I should be safe...

Regarding food, I'm in Spain so unless it's well packed and very well preserved food is probably a no-no.

I'm open to anything. Local stuff is especially great - something for a study wall (hey, if you're an impoverished student, a college pennant would be great). Books or music are good too - I'm horribly conservative so something to shake me out of my tired worn rut would be fun. Maybe some local tunes?

If you're stuck, send me a picture of your favourite place, so we can share!

Oh, and I'd love a little note to say why you sent what you sent - it makes all the more fun.

[ November 22, 2007, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: anti_maven ]

Posts: 892 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: Not brown or soft pink
Interests: Interesting things, boring but important things, idealized pirates, anything (like coffee, tea, or explicit sex) that Mormons can't have, things that are associated with or give birth to anecdotes
Allergies: Foodstuffs, romance novels, things that have been knitted out of fibrous material

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope I get Tom so I can send him an extra wife [Wink]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
And I'm going to knit him an idealized pirate out of a non-fibrous material!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the knitted pirate can BE his extra wife!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

We have 15 people who still need to post here. I'll email them tommorow if they don't post before then.
Ketchup Princess
Member # 7716

- posted      Profile for Ketchup Princess           Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: red, orange, pink, yellow, purple (and anything bright!)
Interests: Painting, drawing, bubbles, eating, reading, music, playing on the computer, candy, animals, stickers, Superman
Allergies: Zinc. Sensitive skin, no creams, lotions, bath products, or anything that goes on skin, please. Because of mother's allergies, nothing made from animal fibers, grass, or perfumed. Please don't send anything breakable or inappropriate for a small child (including small pieces her sister could choke on.) She has a strange phobia of many stuffed animals and dolls, so probably best not to send those to her either.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 24.

Favorite Color: Chocolate brown, Green, Blue, red. NOT Purple.

Interests: Horses, music, sewing, beginning acoustic guitar, fun silly toys, local products, scarves and hats, food(but not milk Chocolate, dark is ok).

Allergies: None, exactly, but I don't really like overly sweet scents. Herbal scents are good.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KetchupPrinceConsort
Member # 8047

- posted      Profile for KetchupPrinceConsort   Email KetchupPrinceConsort         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite color: blue
Interests: baseball, other sports (favorite teams are Dallas-based teams), reading, sci-fi, Stargate, Star Wars, animals, music other than rap and heavy metal
Allergies: none, but due to kq's allergies, please nothing with animal fibers, grass, scented. LDS, no alcohol, tobacco, tea, coffee, etc.

Posts: 137 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miamiandy
Member # 8906

- posted      Profile for miamiandy   Email miamiandy         Edit/Delete Post 
age 18
favorite colors: blue green and red.
interests: computers, books, sci-fi, house md, stargate.

allegies: only dust.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iain
Member # 9899

- posted      Profile for Iain   Email Iain         Edit/Delete Post 
Male
Interests: Sci-Fi, model railroads, books, Classic Rock, Classical, Bluegrass, model ships
Colours: Green and Blue
Allergies: Stupid People

Posts: 44 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
Female
Interests: Raising my kids without going crazy, Asian cultures, all religions, cooking, books, Steely Dan, House, BSG, Grey's Anatomy, Boston Legal
Colors: Jade Green is my fav. All earth tones are good.
Allergies: 3am feedings & dirty diapers!

Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
Female
Interest: animation, art, cooking, House MD, Survival Horror games, Nintento DS, Industrial music, computers, the goth culture (NOT EMO), nifty USB gadgets and candy

Colors: My favorite color combination is hot pink, electric blue and lemon green. My favorite color is a toss between blue and lilac.

Allergies: Oh, I'm sorry! I'm allergic to b.s.

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Everyone who has replied in this thread has received their match. IF you have not received one, please email. If you have not posted in this thread do so immediately.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Hurrah! Shopping next Saturday! *does happy dance*
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: Red & green are my two favorites but not really together. I also like blue, silver and most oranges.
Interests:
- anything desert-oriented (includes baking, eating, and reading about deserts ^_^) Last year I got a desert cookbook from William-Sonoma. The recipes in there were amazing.
- sewing (I'm an amateur)
- singing along to songs in the bathroom (I know you do too!)
- pretty much anything cute and/or fuzzy (I die a little inside every time I visit cuteoverload.com)
- video games on most platforms
- accessories of all kinds (purses/wallets/scarves/shoes/home decor/everything else)

Allergies: shrimp, occasionally.

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeathofBees
Member # 3862

- posted      Profile for DeathofBees   Email DeathofBees         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
DeathofBees, do you have kids? What ages? *curious*

Sorry, kq, I totally missed that until now. I have a 2-year-old (MiniBee) and a 2-month-old (BeeBoy, formerly MiniBee #2).

Erm...those aren't their real names, just so nobody thinks I'm a heartless parent.

Posts: 354 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a 49 year old female. My favorite colors are purple, blue, green, and any other color that might be found in a bruise.

I like anteaters, armadillos, Maisy mouse, cats, little furry animals like mice and hamsters, sewing, making stuffed animals, history and historical costuming, reading, arts and crafts, and I collect little boxes.

I'm diabetic and LDS, so no refined sugar or sugar-like substances (corn syrup), tobacco, alcohol, coffee, or tea, please. I'm allergic to most plant-based scents except vanilla seems to be okay.

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a 25 year old male. My favorite colors are dark blue and black.

I like reading entertaining and/or intellectual books, watching movies, beautifying my living quarters, watches, music.

Allergies: Nothing physical, but I have mental allergies to romance novels, food via mail, and cleaning products.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoria
Member # 11141

- posted      Profile for Anoria   Email Anoria         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors:
Interests:
Allergies:

I am 22 years old. My favorite color is dark green. I have no allergies, and my interests are puzzles like rubix cubes, and other hand puzzles. I also LOVE Jpop(japenese music), anime, and books that have funny facts or phrases! Those are always enjoyable to read [Razz]

[ November 19, 2007, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Anoria ]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
22, Male

Yellow and Blue

Allergy to all things living.

Interests: Classical music, science, books, poetry, recording, movies, jogging, languages- generally most things non-material.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Orincoro, you haven't emailed that you wanted to do the gift exchange. If you are really interested in playing I'll see what i can do.
Astaril
Member # 7440

- posted      Profile for Astaril   Email Astaril         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, it must really suck being allergic to yourself.
Posts: 624 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Ack, sorry for not posting earlier! I got really busy with Real Life and was offline for a few days.

Color: I tend to like blues, greens, non-magenta pinks, and purples best, and I've also been in a brown phase lately. But I like most colors, though yellows and oranges are generally unflattering on me.

Interests: Books, history/biography (especially European), travel and foreign countries, theatre, horses, all sorts of movies and music (not overly fond of rap, though), yarn and other artsy-craftsy things. And quirky/local things are fun.

Allergies: Not an allergy, but really spicy food scares me. And I'm not LDS, so coffee/tea/alcohol is all good with me. [Smile]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: Cobalt Blue, Hunter Green, Teal, Orange, Chocolate Brown
Interests: science fiction, fantasy, most anything British especially Dr. Who, books on ancient history and languages, writing, computers, beading, making jewelry, unusual rubber stamps (I use them making jewelry)
Allergies: cat hair, bananas

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite colors: Pink, black, white, chocolate brown
Interests: Writing, reading, politics, computers, international relations, etc...
Allergies: none

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

There is only one person who still needs to post in here.
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
In the end, there can be only one
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Torwez
Member # 11235

- posted      Profile for Torwez           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I'm not sure if it's too late to enter (is it?), but here it goes.

Favorite colors: Anything!
Interests: Indie and Alternative music, computers, guitar, sketching, and more.
Allergies: none.

I did this last year under a different screen name... but months of just lurking affects my memory and I can't remember what my old screenname was =(

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

It is too late, and it is not helpful to post in this thread if you have not emailed.
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Orincoro, you haven't emailed that you wanted to do the gift exchange. If you are really interested in playing I'll see what i can do.

Oh... Well it's not big deal if you can't. I saw this thread and thought it was the sign-up. I wouldn't mind doing it and I'm a good gift giver. But if it's all done then don't worry about it.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Torwez
Member # 11235

- posted      Profile for Torwez           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It is too late, and it is not helpful to post in this thread if you have not emailed.

=(

Oops, my bad. Well, if there's any chance I can still get in, can you email me, breyerchic? I'm at therese21901@aol.com , or I can email you if you want but I don't know your adress.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

hatrackfestivus@gmail.com
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.