FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Hardback Travesty

Author Topic: A Hardback Travesty
Philosofickle
Member # 10993

- posted      Profile for Philosofickle           Edit/Delete Post 
So this might very well turn into a rant about books or series that begin well but fizzle horribly. The current object of my dissapointment is Winter's Heart book ten of the Wheel of Time Series. It had been a long time since I read any of them (a few years) and I stopped at book 9. Well then I saw a hardcover copy of book ten at the dollar store. Being the bibliophile that I am I couldn't resist buying it and giving the series another chance.

I have a very good memory and was able to remember the storyline and most of the characters so I dived right in. It was a dissapointment from first page to last. Too many storylines too many named characters too many points of view, and so much switching around between all of them that pretty much absolutely nothing happenned.

It's extremely disappointig for me because now I remember exactly why I stopped reading the series. There's still a good overall story arc (At least I'm assuming it will all lead somewhere. But the author just can't seem to see the forest for the trees.

Did anyone else think that about these books?

Posts: 208 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
At least I'm assuming it will all lead somewhere.
Well, the series isn't finished, and he's dead, so...
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scholar
Member # 9232

- posted      Profile for scholar   Email scholar         Edit/Delete Post 
But his wife has all the notes and they have promised to finish it somehow.
Posts: 1001 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.