FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Blog-erific

Author Topic: Blog-erific
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Blog. I started one. I'm not sure anyone cares. But I'm going to periodically post reviews of CD's I recently purchased. First one's up. More to come.

Hoo Haa.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Have fun with it! Glad you posted a link.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a blog as well, it was a class assignment, I had to create one and maintain it for a grade.

Here it is.

I'll check yours out, Steve. Mine doesn't have reviews, it just has recaps of everything I've read and how I'm doing on my university coursework. I try to keep the tone light and funny, but am not sure if I succeed or not.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Since a huge part of my life is rock music, that will be the main focus for the time being. I might throw in some random observation things later.

Right now, my music reviews correspond with what I've been writing for the school newspaper. Informing people of music that's actually good. Because they all listen to pop music like Fall Out Boy. (If you call Fall Out Boy punk rock, I'll stab your eyes out with a spork.)

Edit:

Belle, your blog is an enjoyable read. Since I'm not in college some of the subject matter was a little foreign. But an enjoyable read none the less.

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluenessuno
Member # 5535

- posted      Profile for bluenessuno   Email bluenessuno         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve
I read your review and then I went to AllMusic and then MySpace. Dry The River has Taylor reminding me of Hetfield from Kill Em All, that 'youth' intensity and eagerness to convert the metal crowd.
A few questions arise, if you please.
How much time do you spend with an album, when reviewing for an article?
Do you purchase more CDs than download? do you buy vinyl?
Does the newspaper forward artists to you or are these of-personal-interest articles that you submit?
How many concerts do you attend on a weekly basis and are they a tax write-off?
Does mac and cheese = Kraft Cheese & Macaroni or boiling macaroni and baking with cheese and onions and sausage?

Posts: 61 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Belle:
Mine doesn't have reviews, it just has recaps of everything I've read and how I'm doing on my university coursework. I try to keep the tone light and funny, but am not sure if I succeed or not.

I like your blog a lot, Belle. If you're going for light and funny, you've succeeded admirably. I love the "things I've learned" feature.

Oh, and I dropped a comment where you were writing about writing papers. Maybe I truly am a mutant, but that was one of my favorite things about college. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the comment littlemissattitude!

I loved your paper story, reminds me of more than a few nights I've had since I started back to school. [Smile]

By the way, I got the grade back on that "wanton curls" paper - 147/150. I'd say it worked out for me, too. [Razz]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I started one too. It originally started as a way to help me deal with the stress of moving away for school, but I've tried to make it helpful for others who might find themselves in the same boat I am: scholarship listings and advice, moving and paperwork advice, things I'm learning that I wish I had someone to tell me, etc. Basically my own personal grad school support and advice blog. And occasional therapy session. With attempts at humour, even for the rough stuff. It's been really good for me so far.

Yours is really fun, Belle. I like the humour in it - it's a lot like what I'm trying for myself. [Smile]

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

quote:
Originally posted by bluenessuno:
Hi Steve
I read your review and then I went to AllMusic and then MySpace. Dry The River has Taylor reminding me of Hetfield from Kill Em All, that 'youth' intensity and eagerness to convert the metal crowd.
A few questions arise, if you please.
How much time do you spend with an album, when reviewing for an article?
Do you purchase more CDs than download? do you buy vinyl?
Does the newspaper forward artists to you or are these of-personal-interest articles that you submit?
How many concerts do you attend on a weekly basis and are they a tax write-off?
Does mac and cheese = Kraft Cheese & Macaroni or boiling macaroni and baking with cheese and onions and sausage?

It's only a high school newspaper, so I just pick CD's that I recently heard or listened to. So, it's mostly music that I purchase myself. I just recently submitted a review of an album I bought on iTunes (which I'm not talking to today.) On average, I attend zero concerts a week. I haven't been to a concert in quite awhile. And they aren't tax write offs because I go for fun. Mac and cheese probably meant Kraft.
DSH
Member # 741

- posted      Profile for DSH           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife started blogging last year. Some of you moms might enjoy her rantings and ravings on family life in my house. Some of you non-moms might enjoy it too. [Smile]
Posts: 692 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved the poop story and the newspaper story, DSH. You have adorable kids.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.