FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "No Country For Old Men" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "No Country For Old Men"
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
A Very "No Country" Birthday!
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't misquote me- it's not exactly fair.

Actually I'm trying very hard to restrain myself from telling you how pissed I am at what you did. Please don't do that.

Do you actually think that I intended for anyone to think you made those comments about Basic Instinct 2? Do you actually think anyone on this board didn't realize what I was doing?

I guess I should have been more explicit that I was changing your post, but your anger is off-the-charts irrational.

Edit: Fixin' HTML and correcting an idiom

Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I was pissed at how lazily and pointlessly you chose to express your view. I also don't understand it, so it wasn't effective, at least in that regard. I'm a little young to remember Basic Instinct, it did come out like 16 years ago.

I was pissed, and I feel rightly, that I had sat down and tried to express my feeling about something in an effort to share what I thought about it- and the only response I get is to have my words mocked by you. Not rebutted even, not with substance, just openly mocked. That sucks. Whatever clever point you thought you were making at the expense of actually expressing yourself is also lost.

I would like to know how you would deal with a poster who had nothing to add but to jump in and skew what you've said to make fun of it. I know several people who do this almost exclusively here, and that's pretty lame.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
I can see how that would piss you off, Orincoro, but I think Foust was trying to make a point and figured that was an elegant way of doing it. In fact it was, because his point was illustrated perfectly. I didn't think his purpose was to simply insult what you wrote, though I may be wrong about that.

Doesn't change the fact that his point is stupid, though...

To sylvrdragon, you should have read the comments. The reviewer makes some good observations, but that forum is kinda like Hatrack, it's a conversation, and people's opinions develop as the conversation continues. Many of the comments are of the Tom Davidson sort (on this thread in particular, not the sort of blather he usually produces... Hi Tom!!!)

Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the alcohol thread underneath this one, and read "No Alcohol for Old Men"
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.