FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Word 2007 question

Author Topic: Word 2007 question
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
A client sent me some files in Word 2007, so I guess I'm going to have to get the software, since I can't read the Docx files.

Here's my question: Can I leave Word 2000 on my computer, or will Word 2007 automatically go looking for the old version and uninstall it when I install?

I'd like to have both so that others who haven't upgraded can still read the files I send them.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miamiandy
Member # 8906

- posted      Profile for miamiandy   Email miamiandy         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have word 2007 you have the option to save the files in doc format still in which case people who have word 2000 can still read the files. You just have to remember to save it as such.
Posts: 35 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, sounds good, thanks.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, you don't have to get 2007 just to open the file. If you download the latest version of the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack it will allow you to convert 2007 files. It's not full proof as documents that heavily utilize 2007 only features will not look right, but for most purposes it works fine.
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.