FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NBA Basketball

Author Topic: NBA Basketball
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else enjoying this season?

The Celtics are too good this year. I thought it would take at least half a year before their Big 3 got their chemistry down and starting playing like one of the best teams in the league. I underestimated Garnett.

Also, the Magic are amazing this year, mostly because Dwight Howard is a monster.

This is the first year in a few that I'm excited about watching this whole season, there are so many teams that can win the championship that haven't won one in awhile and so many good young players this year.

Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

- posted      Profile for JoeH   Email JoeH         Edit/Delete Post 
As a Jazz fan and of the NBA in general, this season is going very well. Back in my pre-Jazz fan days, I liked the Celtics, so that helps as well. Garnett is an incredible player who has never (except the one year with Spree and Sam I Am) had anyone to help him. Completely agree with you on Howard. He got robbed in the dunk competition last year too.

Having said all that, I think the Spurs will probably win it all yet again.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Sucks that Fisher had to leave the Jazz. But at least his family comes first in his life. If the Jazz beat out the Lakers this year I will be content.*

*This last sentence is a dirty lie as I am sure if they get to the playoffs I will greedily hope to see them in the finals; and should they make the finals I will hope that they get rings.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a huge Magic fan and I'm so excited to see them do so well this season, especially since last season was such a bummer.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Heat fan, and it's great to see Dwyane Wade back playing again.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been a Magic fan since before I can remember, and boy how I have been tempted to desert them in the past. But now my hard work and determination and, I feel it's safe to say, longsuffering has been rewarded. Impressive win last night and theres more where that came from.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove:
I've been a Magic fan since before I can remember,

Seriously, are you trying to make me feel old? I remember when there was no such team...
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Me, too. The Timberwolves as well.

I've read a few national sportswriters who call the late 70s until 1993 the NBA's golden age. Basically when Larry Bird and Magic Johnson were playing, and the first half of Michael Jordan's career.

Personally, I attribute that to a generation growing up enough to where the NBA superstars of today seem young and immature now. The wonder isn’t there anymore. They’re jaded. But I wonder if the NBA really has declined since those years—and is it because of the quality of the players, or the way the sports world covers the NBA, or what?

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's because of the way old people see the world. Nothing is ever as good as it was in their youth. O:-)
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:
I'm a Heat fan, and it's great to see Dwyane Wade back playing again.

Ha! Did you enjoy the beating we handed you last night? [Big Grin]
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

I'm starting to really like the Jazz just because of Deron Williams. He's such a good PG and so much fun to watch.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

So, how about them blockbuster deals?

I love that the Heat got Shawn Marion. He's such an underrated player. The Heat need basically everything, like defense, rebounding, scoring, athleticism, and he can pretty much do all of those things. The Heat should be good next year if they can find a Center and they get rid of Jason Williams and Ricky Davis and every other ballhog that doesn't play defense on their team.

I don't understand why Phoenix would give Marion up for Shaq. I think they'll miss Marion pretty soon, especially Nash who got alot of easy assists passing it to Marion on the break.

The Lakers getting Gasol is kind of scary. I could see them going all the way this year.

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
That was a fantastic deal for Miami. I wonder how Riley is able to get teams to agree to deals that favor him so much, over and over again.

That said, Miami seems to be a shockingly long way away.

I like Shaq, though. I did even before he went to the Heat. He's charming and funny. I wish him well.

But I don't see how he fits in in Phoenix.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not enjoying the season, not that I really like NBA basketball to begin with. I have heard of four current players and i think three are out all year due to injury.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.