FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Indie Movie Reviews / Book Reviews

Author Topic: Indie Movie Reviews / Book Reviews
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know any websites similar to rottentomatoes.com that review books? I can never seem to find a site that has trustworthy reviews (I'm assuming that has to do with the fact that there are five bazillion books released every second as opposed to twenty or so movies a weekend) or at least a streamlined review page that's easy to use.

Similarly, are there any sites that are focused specifically on Indie films and foreign films? I love watching (most) films like that (recently viewed a foreign documentary, "Bus 174" about a highjacking...intense!) but it's hard to sift through some of the movie review sites and find just the good ones. Any ideas? Thanks!!

Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else read this as a review of the new Indiana Jones movie?
Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akhockey
Member # 8394

- posted      Profile for akhockey           Edit/Delete Post 
All I know is that if the new Indie movie has RottenTomatoes.com as an integral part of the plot, it will either be movie of the year or the end of Hollywood as we know it.
Posts: 193 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know of a site, but I'd love to know what it is if you find it.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.