FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Simon and Garfunkel (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Simon and Garfunkel
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
That's They Might Be Giants. A whole nother (but very admirable) phenomenon entirely.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Really? I thought they were the same band! Kind of like with XTC and The Dukes of Stratosphear.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised nobody can tell me why they split up. [Smile]

EDIT: OK, so I took the trouble to go and read about it on Wikipedia. Seems like they just didn't like each other.

Thanks, Hatrack! [Wave]

[ December 21, 2007, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: advice for robots ]

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That bodyguard song. Arg! It doesn't make SENSE!
What doesn't make sense? The Bonedigger? The roly poly little bat-faced girl? ha ha... I've always loved the Graceland album. It's so African, but still such a poignant part of my 1980s Rocky Mountain childhood.

I really enjoy Paul's other solo albums, though. Rhythm of the Saints may always be my favorite. You're the One is good too. And I like the song "Hearts and Bones."

If you wouldn't mind a Simon & Garfunkelesque unsolicited recommendation, one of my favorite bands is just a little local duo (they've been performing for over 10 years and just this year got signed to a major label) called Storyhill. I call them the Simon & Garfunkel of Bozeman. Check out their website and their newest album. If you like that, pick up Reunion.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I always loved "You Can Call Me Al" too. Apparently it was inspired by a real-life case of mistaken identity... The imagery is delicious.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Launchywiggin:
I was 21 years when I wrote this song. I'm 22 now but I won't be for long...

I had my 23rd birthday last month and this song was on my mind the whole time.

If you listen to the 1967 live album, you can hear him sing "I'm 23 now but I won't be for long," and it'll be like he wrote the song just for you. [Smile]
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
Hate "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "59th St. Bridge Song."

Well that settles the "are we the same person" question. [Razz]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.