FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Chris (Lilo & Stitch) Sanders' new online comic...

Author Topic: Chris (Lilo & Stitch) Sanders' new online comic...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
View the first strip for "Kiskaloo"...

...interesting. The design for the lead character is pretty much the same design Chris was gonna use for one of the lead characters on American Dog (now known as Bolt), the film that lead to him leaving Disney.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Disney let Sanders go because of all the scantily clad chicks on his website...
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Maybe, like Bolt, Chris will find his magic powers don't work outside a certain environment.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realize he had so much to do with Lilo & Stitch. This makes me like him, despite being immediately surprised at the number of sexed up women in his sketchbook.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
He was basically THE guy for Lilo & Stitch, including the voice. You can see his art influences in other recent Disney movies (especially Tarzan).

My first reaction to his site was 'Helloooooooo Nani!'. And then I checked to see if my screen was visible to any of our management staff.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - while I could immediately see the visual similarities, I didn't know he had also written & directed & voiced Stitch.
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
He's all over the special features of Lilo and Stitch. And I'm sure he's brilliant. I just don't know if he's web comic brilliant. Oh, he's moving over to Dreamworks. That's... puzzling. Though I guess if one is more interested in visuals that story, that could explain it. Visuals and starpower.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

I forgot: Half of Sanders' website is cute li'l critters...the other half is blatant island girl cheesecake.

So...content advisory. Not for the strip, but for the rest of the site. [Blushing]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by pooka:
He's all over the special features of Lilo and Stitch. And I'm sure he's brilliant. I just don't know if he's web comic brilliant. Oh, he's moving over to Dreamworks. That's... puzzling. Though I guess if one is more interested in visuals that story, that could explain it. Visuals and starpower.

Chris Sanders' current project over it Dreamworks is to "fix" Crood Awakening, a long-in-development, troubled animated project. I'm sure it'll fit his rather skewed, unusual sensibilities. [Smile]
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
If I'd departed Disney (after a long tenure there), the temptation to create the kind of work Disney wouldn't sanction would probably be pretty intense.

I wish him well, and look forward to seeing what he'll cook up for Dreamworks (they could clearly use some more creative writers...)

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.