FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A perfect gift for a child whose parents you HATE

Author Topic: A perfect gift for a child whose parents you HATE
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
Some stuff on this site potentially offensive I found it hilarious Really... I was just dieing of laughter. I hope you "enjoy" it.

[ January 11, 2008, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Starsnuffer ]

Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man that was awesome
Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - that's really something. I'd bet it would take no more than 30 seconds before a parent snaps.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adfectio
Member # 11070

- posted      Profile for adfectio   Email adfectio         Edit/Delete Post 
The whole time I was sitting there going 'I bet my dog would love this......'
Posts: 349 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter wants to know how he managed to keep a straight face through all that... while I have tears of laughter running down my face!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luna 9
Member # 11326

- posted      Profile for Luna 9           Edit/Delete Post 
Good Lord, I had to turn down the volume to listen to that and not have my eardrums explode. Now I'll have nightmares about screaming chickens. Stupid freakin' toy....
Posts: 87 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that scared my rabbit.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the presentation, his face and how he made it squeak, were as important as the horrendous-ness of the subject.

Heh. Glad I'm not alone in finding that amusing.

Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
That was really top-notch deadpanning.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why but after about 10 seconds of listening the biggest smile came over me and I just started laughing. That is quite possibly the most horrible toy you could get anybody.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
As soon as he put its face close to the camera I lost it.

I need.

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That freaked my cat out.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Whale
Member # 6594

- posted      Profile for The White Whale           Edit/Delete Post 
I clicked the link, and within 10 seconds was laughing hilariously.

My room mate came in: "What the heck is that?"

I restarted the video.

I got 10 seconds in again, and my suite mate from across the hall comes in "What is going on!?"

I start the video again.

My fourth suite mate and his girlfriend yell up "Is that you guys? What's going on?"

I stop the video, wait for all five of us to pile into my small room, and then play the video again, and now have tears running down my face.

Thank you Starsnuffer. You win the forum for the remainder of January.

Posts: 1711 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid, we had a stuffed dinosaur that sounded exactly like that. It was fun.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
That freaked my cat out.

That freaked ME out.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
That freaked my cat out.

I was going to say that. About my cat, I mean.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
I really want that toy now. How do I get it?
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about that particular toy, but I bought a purple plush doll of about the same size which made nearly the same sounds. Enough so that it could have been the rubber chicken sewn into a cloth brontosaur*costume. Major child's toy manufacturer, maybe Playskool or Mattel
The kid loved it, though I suspect that had a lot to do with being able to make his parents smile and giggle.

I vaguely remember that tipping it end over end would make the "voice box" produce somewhat the same sounds as squeezing, but I could be juxtaposing memories of two different toys.

* Yeah I know that the "brontosaurus" was accidentally invented through a mismatch of fossil parts. But the toy more closely resembled the Flintstones' Dino than an aptosaurus. There may have been plush triceratop and pterosaur alternatives.

[ January 12, 2008, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow. That's absolutely hilarious. I agree with you guys though. His face while he was squeezing that damned toy was priceless. I approve.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
My mom gave our dogs one of those. She thought it was hysterical.

The rest of the family went through pains to hide.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
My dog exploded. DAMN YOU!
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
oh my god
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 9506

- posted      Profile for 777           Edit/Delete Post 
FOUND IT!

That was amazing. I haven't laughed that hard for such a long time...

Posts: 292 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
That was....

...different.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beolach
Member # 9879

- posted      Profile for Beolach   Email Beolach         Edit/Delete Post 
If it had a pulley in the middle, I would buy many large boxes (or at least 1).
Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband hated the noise so much I could only listen to part of it.

Yup, I'd think someone hated me if they gave one of my kids that!

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap. That was hilarious.
Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I tried not to laugh. Honest to God, I have tears.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Beolach:
If it had a pulley in the middle, I would buy many large boxes (or at least 1).

Ha ha!

777 - Bless you.

Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.