FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A&A question

Author Topic: A&A question
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Where should we move?

We really are moving to the Atlanta area in a couple of months.

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Do you have a job or school in Atlanta? That would narrow down the location in the metro area.

I live in Smyrna, Cobb County, GA, which is just NW of Atlanta.

Apartment locator services are OK, if you have the budget. I used Promove to find my current apartment, and they were reluctant to give me any cheaper listings. I had to be firm to get the listings I could afford.

edit: OK, dobie, haha

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollainm
Member # 8318

- posted      Profile for rollainm   Email rollainm         Edit/Delete Post 
Ericka and I are both transferring to Georgia State in the fall (actually I might continue taking core classes online through West Georgia for another semester - haven't decided yet).

To be fair, we've actually pretty much settled on a place in Clarkston, which is northeast of Atlanta, just off 285. Same rent we're paying now, but it's a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, 2 level townhouse as opposed to the tiny 1 bedroom we have now. Plus it's roughly 3 times the square footage, very culturally diverse (not sure if that's good or bad, but interesting at least), and very conveniently located without being in the crowded city.

Couldn't pass up the dobie trend, though.

Posts: 1945 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to live in Atlanta, got married there, and still have the in-laws there. I miss that city. There was a really terrific community there.

I was an Emory student, Class of '86.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I used to live in Marietta. It's a pretty nice area--heck, I'd say mostly shoot for Cobb county. They're expensive, but they've got good cultural stuff and nice neighborhoods.

Morbo lives in Smyrna? That's where I went to HS!

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
We lived in Alabama for four years when we first married. We used to drive to Atlanta often to "remember what the 20th Century was like". The city was vibrant and exciting. Last year, we went back after many years. (We took two of our grown children.) The city is amazing. It is still vibrant and exciting. Now it is also beautiful. It still is right at the top of my list of favorite places. (outside of the desert, that is.)
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.