FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 'Cloverfield' in 15 minutes...

Author Topic: 'Cloverfield' in 15 minutes...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
"Dude! I bet we can watch from the roof in perfect comfort and safety!"

Some spoilers, naturally. [Evil]

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah I love those.

That was a great one.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
That was hilarious.
btw, did anyone else think it was lame that they named the guy holding the camera (for most of the movie) Heads Up Display? Or is that something only obsessive gamers notice?

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I thought it was kind of funny actually.

I figured most people wouldn't catch it.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
This one is MUCH better

(Lots of spoilers!)

Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
What makes it better? The illustrations? [Smile]

(That one actually gets demerits from me for using abbreviations as humor.)

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The picture of Beth saying "there's a pole in me" is pretty good. But overall, I found "in 15 minutes" funnier.

Of course, I haven't seen the movie or nothing. But I did read about it on themoviespoiler.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

WEATHERMAN: Well, I’m seeing a 100% chance of GIANT F***ING MONSTERS, Roma.

Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I liked the 15 minutes one better too. There used to be a person on fanfiction.net who moved over to livejourna, Evadne, who did something called Breadbox Editions of movies that was very similar, and she had the same kind of sense of humor (makes me wonder if she just chanced the name and that's actually her to be honest).
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
It was interesting to learn of the thing falling in the sky in the coney island scene, I hadn't noticed it.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn! EL beat me too it. Excellent line! Almost as good as "They're all hybrids...the people, not the cars."
Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.